Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo page malfunctioning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faster

faster

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

Mod Edit: Moved to Web Browsers from AII ~~ boopme

or this, someone needs to know stuff about Yahoo.

I'm living in Mexico, but want to read Yahoo pages in English.

I've had no trouble doing this until today.

The pages load in Spanish. There's a little U.S. flag icon just next to "Movil," I click that and get a list of languages. I have to choose English every time I launch Yahoo. I know of no way to get English loaded when I start Yahoo. Wish I could.

So far so good. Now the flag icon is unresponsive. I can log on, access my e-mail. Yahoo functions correctly, with this one change. Rebooting doesn't help.

I changed passwords. No good. On their locations page, I cannot set Favorites to a city or zip  code.. I can set languages, but even after setting English (United States), I still get Yahoo pages in Spanish.

Something since yesterday has hit me, but I don't know where (or how) to start looking for the problem.

I'm beginning to wish the Internet would think I'm in the States, but my location in Mexico can't be changed.

Please help.

Holly B.

Edited by boopme, 30 April 2015 - 12:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

"I've had no trouble doing this until today"

I use Yahoo a lot and there were times when something different was happening for a few days although it's been quite a while since then 

Since you live in Mexico that might be a factor on your issue as the possibility  of Yahoo doing "whatever"

I have 3 Windows 7 computers using IE11 and 1 Vista computer using IE9 and all of them run fine when I use Yahoo

If you have a different browser, maybe even a different OS, those can be factors

Do you usually use Spanish and go to English only for Yahoo?

Here are some ideas

The next time you use Yahoo and go through the procedure to get the English page, save it as your home page and even in your favorites

If that isn't successful, try a System Restore point back to when you had no trouble of maintaining Yahoo in English

If still not successful, contact Yahoo; you might not get immediate help but they should be able to help after some time: I've seen it as long as a week later 

You could also try a different browser from the one you are using 

#3 faster

faster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thanks. Something I did after I posted  (I don't know what it was) ended the problem. So I just hope it won't return.

Thanks again.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for letting us know its ok now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users