Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Group Policy Service Won't Start + Greyed Out Options

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 I am Hamza

I am Hamza

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hi, this is my first post and so I came here to ask my question...

I have been doing some changes to my computer (HDD Upgrades, BIOS Update) and since a few days ago, my computer has been struggling.....

When it starts up I get a balloon notification saying it couldn't connect to the group policy thing. Also some programs like Chrome are taking 10 mins to load up.

I tried using the scan command in CMD, it said there was corrupt files but couldn't fix them. I have looked in the registry editor and it says that the Policy should start up when the computer starts.

I am also the admin and only user of this computer. I had a look at services and Group Policy Service was stopped, the options to start it was greyed out.

My computer is functioning but is slow and it probably isn't a good idea to forget about it.

Anyone can help please?

Thanks, Hamza

EDIT:

Also forgot to mention, I apparently have some updates that are supposed to install at a restart but doing a restart will just hang it on Restarting, and will just restart the computer like normal.

Plus, I can't check for any updates as "the service is not running"

Edited by I am Hamza, 29 April 2015 - 12:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users