Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet after uninstalling Safe eyes with Revo Uninstaller

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hoya5

Hoya5

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Safe eyes from my desktop. I thought at some point it wouldwould take me to the Safe eyes uninstall and ask me for the codecode. It did uninstall but it also locked me out from using the internet. Safe eyes support said they couldn't help. Charter said their connection is working and I can connect fine with my tablet. There is no date by which I can do a system restore. I did see that my IP address and subnet mask both say 0.0.0.0. After that there is also a line that says IP address ?.

Is there any hope or do I have to scrap this computer? I heard Safe eyes is deeply embedded software.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 29 April 2015 - 11:41 AM.
moved from Introductions to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 McSheHe

McSheHe

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Try renewing your IP and then resetting the winsock via a command prompt (as admin)

Type the following 3 commands into the command prompt:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset

Then restart your computer and try the internet again

#3 Hoya5

Hoya5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

You're a genius! Thank you! It gives me hope to use the forums to solve another computer problem I am having.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Safe eyes  support    said they couldn't help......     what a dismal program/support....

Well done McSheHe !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 McSheHe

McSheHe

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

:bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users