Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet issues in online games D:

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Exoclap

Exoclap

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right topic to choose from but i will give it a shot. Yesterday I bought cs:go and i joined some servers everything was fine until i stopped moving. It felt like i was glitching out and all the players in the server stopped moving like the server stopped responding or something like that. But i could still hear people talking in voice chat. After 20-30 sec i got disconnected with a massage that i have been timed out. I can usually play 1 game normally and nothing happens but the second one i usually get disconnected. I tried re-installing the game, changing servers... but the problem is still there

Here is some information about my internet. 20 ping I usually get around 6.50 download speed (mbps) and around 1 upload speed (mbps) But i know that this isn't really internet issue because i'm usually on skype with my friends and when it happens i can still talk to them on skype. Basically my internet is still stable when this happens redface.gif  Please help me out guys D: Is there a fix for it please guys let me know frown.gif  I also tried verifying game cache but its still the same ♥♥♥♥ frown.gif 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:03 PM

I just want to make sure I am reading correctly: You get disconnected from the game servers but not really from the internet because you are using other things that stay connected, is that correct?

I have never played CS so I am not sure how it works, but what servers do you connect to? And how? Have you looked at the game servers forums for possible issues? How new is your PC? Are you always using other internet based things when you get disconnected? 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

I just want to make sure I am reading correctly: You get disconnected from the game servers but not really from the internet because you are using other things that stay connected, is that correct?

I have never played CS so I am not sure how it works, but what servers do you connect to? And how? Have you looked at the game servers forums for possible issues? How new is your PC? Are you always using other internet based things when you get disconnected? 

Yes your reading correctly ;D Basically when you launch the game it throws you the the main menu. In there you click giant PLAY button. Then you select which type of game do you want to play. I think there a just 2 options RANKED and CASUAL after you select the mode you want to play in the game starts searching for opponents and teammates. After a short time the game starts. And that's how it works it similar to league of legends if you ever played that game. Yes i checked some forums. There were some fixes for this problem but the fixes never worked for me though. My PC is 2-3 years old i'm not really sure but here are my spec

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series

Processor: Intel core 2 QUAD CPU Q6600 2.40 Ghz

RAM: 4GB

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit 

If you need any more information about my computer, modem or anything just ask. I don' know what did you mean with other internet ? I'm connected directly to the modem which is upstairs. With similar cable like this one here http://www.freshmango.com/img/products/xLarge/rj11-cable-863.jpg if you need to know what modem i am using let me know and i will tell you. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life and helping me i really do appreciate it :D

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

How many other things are opened on your PC? How many of them are using the internet? Open Task Manager - What does your resources look like before and after the game loads? did you lower the game settings? when is the last time you updated the graphic drivers?

4gbs of ram with Win7 64bit seems a little light. And sorry I stopped any sort of online gaming before LoL came out.

You are right at the min requirements for the game. So you will need to have the setting on low for everything and not have a lot open, other than the game, while playing. 

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

When i game i usually just have opened my game which is Counter Strike Global Offensive and Steam. Both of them are using internet. I'm not sure if i'm looking at the right thing but i will give it a shot. Task manager:

BEFORE

Processes: 32

CPU Usage: 0-5%

Psychical memory: 28%

DURING THE GAME

Processes 36

CPU Usage: 42%

Psychical memory: 44%

Yes i lowered the game settings to the lowest and i still have the problem though :( I updated drivers 1 week ago. I updated graphics card drivers manually but everything else i updated with a program that i bought which is called Driver booster 2. When i play the game i usually still get around 40-50 fps but when i'm in area of effect like smoke or fire my frames drop down to 15-25 xD

HERE IS SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNET AND THE PROBLEM :P (i copied the text that i wrote yesterday to steam/valve)

So yesterday i bought myself a computer game called Counter strike global offensive a.k.a CS:GO. I launched the game pressed the big PLAY button. I selected game mode and the server/game found some decent opponents and teammates for me. After I joined the game I started playing. The first couple of rounds everything was okay. But suddenly i stopped moving. I couldn't control my character and the players around me stopped shooting and moving as well but I could still hear voice chat in the game (people were talking to each other through microphones) After 10-15 seconds I got disconnected with a massage. Disconnected: You have been timed out.
I tried to play more rounds of counter strike in hope that it would go away but every time this happened. I had similar problem with games H1Z1 and Dayz... But never with games like World of warcraft and league of legends. I searched for the fixes on different forums and the fixes just didn't work for me... I'm really desperate because i keep wasting money for games that i cant even play. I wrote support ticket to steam (VALVE) and i'm waiting for their response for 1 week. They probably wont even respond to my ticket to be honest... In game there are little boxes besides players on score menu and in that boxes there are numbers of how much ping does a play have. I usually get 10-15 ping so I really doubt that the ping would cause this kind of problem. I thought that my internet connection was causing this. But when i was playing this game and talking to people on skype it happened again but skype was still stable and my internet as well so i really don't think the internet is causing this kind of problem.

INTERNET:
My internet speed is: 10-30 ping 6.50 download speed (mbps) and 0.80 upload speed (mbps) I think i have good internet connection to play this game because i have seen people with worse connection than this and they could play the game. I'm also connected directly to the TP-Link TL-SF1008D 8-port fast ETHERNET switch which is upstairs. My computer and that box are connected with a cable that looks something like this http://www.freshmango.com/img/products/xLarge/rj11-cabl... The box that i'm connected to is connected directly to the modem ARRIS.

PC Specs:

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series
Processor: Intel core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
Network adapter: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit 

I hope it helps and thank you so much for taking the time for helping me i really do appreciate it. If we solve the problem i can pay you man ! The only thing that makes my days better is some gameplay with my friends but now i cant even do that anymore because of this problem :( Thank you so much again

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

I am sorry. I have been looking into this but being so unfamiliar with games through Steam I'm afraid I'm not sure what to tell you. There is a gaming section on this forum that might be able to help more than I can. I was hoping someone else might have an idea or 2.

#7 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:55 AM

Your hardware is outdated and last driver for that card is catalyst 13.9. When games change things to their game engine this gives rise to performance problems on older drivers. Your internet speed is low especially the upload. Which leads me to believe that you might be using DSL? If so DSL and gaming do not mix well. DSL has interleaving which adds large amounts of high latency to your games. It can be 200-300+ The optimal range is below 100. I been in this situation living in a rural area that only had dsl available and the line was far from the main telco central office. Gaming was unbearable. Some cases if you live close enough to the central office you can get a "dry or naked" dsl with no voice and have them place the line on a 'fast path' without interleaving. Then you would be golden. The rep's will likely have no idea what you're talking about and you would need to talk to someone higher up the chain in tech support.

This will improve things a lot....try Leatrix latency fix program. This works wonders on 'WoW' World of Warcraft and other games to improve latency. It literally can shave off 100 off your ping latency. I have used it myself over the years and can vouch that it does work. It's a small program that will edit a few things in the registry to adjust your network settings to receive less or no ACK's (acknowledgements) in data packets. In the background the communication going on between your computer and the server is that every data packet is acknowledge. By cutting back on the ACK packets will in turn lower the latency because of the less overhead. The caveat to this though is that you may have adverse effects with packets that are lost in the game or problems with corrupt downloads p2p etc. TCP/IP protocol needs ACK packets for downloads to be sure your download isn't corrupt. If you come across this then by all means uninstall the program. It will remove itself and change back the registry back to default. You must reboot the system after install/uninstall. To tell you the truth I haven't come across much problems other than a few rare occurrences of games losing a connection here and there which is a lot better than dealing with high latency constantly hindering your gaming experience. Link for Leatrix...http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html Hope that helps you out!

Edited by technonymous, 02 May 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#8 boondox270

boondox270

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

Kill proccesses that you are 100% are not needed. Do research as to the processes and see what each are before killing them. Some processes are not necisary, but will run when the pc starts. Example are processes like spotify and such. That could help some. Increase your RAM. 4 gb is low. 16 gb would help a lot. That's what most people have on average. RAM is a huge part of your speeds on your pc. I'm betting that most of your issue is RAM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users