Please follow the instructions below. If you do not understand anything, feel free to stop and ask.Security Check by screen317
- Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
===AdwCleaner by Xplode
Please download AdwCleaner
by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database, please wait a bit.
- Click on I agree button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, ensure that all items are checked and click on the Cleaning button.
- AdwCleaner will asks to reboot to finish cleaning.
- A log will open when the system finishes rebooting. Please copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
===Junkware Removal Tool
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
===Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit
and save it to your desktop. Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract
button at the bottom. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).
- After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.
- The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.
- When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.
- Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options. If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click Yes.
- Click on the Full Scan button to start the scan.
- When the scan is completed click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
- When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.
- Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and attach it to your next reply.
- When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.
Please report on the status of your computer after you have finished the steps.