Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graw

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patch110

patch110

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

hi there hope someone can help me. the problem only happens when i'm playing Ghostrecon advance warfighter. basically i get about 2 mins into first level then my computer restarts. ive tried closing down all my open apps but it still just does the same. have recently updated my Nvidia drivers to ver91.31. specs are in my sig. thanks in advance
Pentium 4 skt478@3Ghz
2.5Gb DDR400 Ram
Pny Geforce 6800gt
Bog Standard Msi Mobo
160Gb seagate HDD
Jeantech 450w Psu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aslyfox

aslyfox

• Banned
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:56 AM

Does it restart whenever you reach a certain point in the level, or does it still restart even if you stand still?

Has it always happened? Or has it just started recently?

#3 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:25 AM

First of all, you should check to make sure your computer is powerful enough to handle GRAW. It's a very new game and requires top of the line hardware. From the specs in your sig, it looks like you should be able to handle it, at least on low settings.

Just to make sure, check out this site: http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest and allow it to install it's software and run a test on GRAW. If any of the areas fall short, this could be your problem.

Posted Image

#4 patch110

patch110
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

hi guys quick update= (aslyfox) the game just crashes randomeley at no fixed point in th game usually no longer than 5-10 mins havent even played the first level right through.(.Prodigy.)Have tried your suggestions by running the test and it returned a pass. thanks for your help so far
Pentium 4 skt478@3Ghz
2.5Gb DDR400 Ram
Pny Geforce 6800gt
Bog Standard Msi Mobo
160Gb seagate HDD
Jeantech 450w Psu

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

may be a heat issue...is there good ventilation on the computer? Have you tried removing a case side and then playing the game and seeing if it crashes? Also you may want to try upgrading your video card driver and seeing if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users