Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video display and no idea Why..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 K12RiV

K12RiV

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

Okay so my friend is having problems with his custom desktop... it was working for a while and used teamviewer to help him update since he apparently has two vodeo drivers one intel integratede and a AMD Radeon card, computer is 64-bit win7 and 8 Gb ram. the problem is when it is plugged into a Monitor the monitor stays asleep and shows no video Bios included bios doesnt post to screen and there is no beeps and he says there never any beeps was when it booted successfully. i dont think it is the graphics card since bios should still show up reguardless corrrect?/

Idk he used HDMI, VGA to connect to his tv and 2 other monitors still nothing. i have tried getting him to boot safe mode by pressing F8 but no safe mode nothing..

he is unable to open the desktop and touch the internals

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

i dont think it is the graphics card since bios should still show up reguardless corrrect?

No, if the dedicated graphics card is dead nothing will show if it's the BIOS or anything else.

Pull the graphics card and see if the integrated graphics works.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users