Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing motherboard, hp compaq d530 cmt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Talk

Talk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

I bought a 4gb ddr 3 RAM and AMD Radeon 5450 1gb graphic card then i found out there was no slot in motherboard for both RAM and GCard
Can anybody tell me what motherboard i should buy that will fit in the case and have slots for the parts i mentioned above

Cpu detail http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-d530-convertible-minitower/specs/

Graphic card detail http://www.diamondmm.com/5450pe31g-diamond-ati-amd-radeon-hd-video-graphics-card.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

While I understand what you are trying to do it may not be that simple.  You would also need a new version of windows as windows installations are tied to the motherboard.  All the drivers that run your current mainboard are also currently installed on the hard drive.  You would almost be better off simply building a new pc.

#3 Talk

Talk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

If building a new PC is the only, I'll have to buy a better graphic card too because this one can only run till AC 3 with low-medium settings qhich is not good enough so new graphic card , motherboard and rest of the necessary components , cost increases.

But instalation of new os wont be a problem, its cheap here so all i need is type or spec of motherboard that'll fit in the hp case and all the parts that i bought.

#4 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

I wouldn't even worry about fitting things into the HP case. Trash the HP case and get a new one. You can get some pretty cheap cases for cheap. Not sure where you are from, but here in the US you can get cases for under $50. I would just look into just starting from scratch really.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#5 Talk

Talk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

What if i buy a pci to pcie adapter and fix graphic card on that adapter?

323091-001.jpgpci-express-adapter-x16-to-x8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users