Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a new gaming rig.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MittensKittens

MittensKittens

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Looking to build a new gaming rig. I currently have;

Current system specs;

OS - 8.1

Processor - AMD FX 6,100 6 core. (3.3GHz)

RAM - 16GB

Graphics - GeForce GT 640 (4GB)

Motherboard - Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G Micro ATX

What would you recommend as far as a build go, the current machine, while it is nice, will not run all games at their max settings.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hello and welcome to  BC.

I will let you know right away that I prefer an Intel system as compared to an AMD for gaming if you prefer to stick with AMD I am sure some others will be along shortly to provide you their opinions.

Motherboard - I like Asus / MSI / Gigabyte / Asrock

Processor - Any of the I7 Line

Video card - 750Ti

You may be able to get away with simply a video card upgrade as the 750TI is almost twice as fast as your current GT640

#3 MittensKittens

MittensKittens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Thanks!

I personally enjoy the Intel system as well, like I said this machine was pre-built by Avatar and it ran me... I think 600? Pretty close to it, at least.

I actually never thought of just upgrading the video card, I had to replace the cooling fan, the one they gave me seized three weeks after I bought the computer, Avatar said they'd send me another one, but honestly, spending 20 bucks for a new better fan wasn't a big deal, so I did it anyway. I'll step forward and buy a video card and post back after I test it out. Likely a week or so.

Thanks!

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

What exactly is your budget for a build?

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users