Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore And Safe Mode Problems

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OldVet

OldVet

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:26 AM

First things first...WinXP, SP2, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email client, PeoplePC security pack (antivirus, firewall, etc).

I have been infected by some type of worm, malware, or virus, and can't seem to get it totally removed from my system. It started as a W32.generic!.worm (p2p), depending on which antivirus one uses, and embedded itself so that I can't remove it. I have tried all the fixes of online scanning, Stinger, Microsoft removal tools, XSoftSpy, Ad-aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, SpyBlaster, etc. The problem is that my system restore DLL is corrupted, and will not let me access it in any manner. It will also not let me access safe mode, or even use the XP repair function or reinstallation using the original XP cd. Whenever I try to reinstall it keeps asking for my Admin password, but I installed it without a password to begin with??? This is a mess. Might someone offer some suggestions? Following is my HijackThis file..Thankks for your help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:08:34 AM, on 7/3/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRshutA.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics\ControlCenter\Reminder.exe
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6330\Browser\Bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6330\Browser\PPShared.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\adsservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\ppc_isp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AuthFw.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Wayne Beauford\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for HijackThis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.peoplepc.com/websearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.peoplepc.com/websearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PPCScamBHO Class - {7E3659A6-4BC5-4d93-B3FD-8B5ACC2FEDED} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\ScamGrd.dll
O2 - BHO: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USRpdA] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Speaker Configuration] D:\Sound\C-Media\WinXP\Setup.exe /SPEAKER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6330\BIN\PPCOLink.exe -STATION
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PeoplePC Internet Security Pack] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\ppc_isp.exe /minimize
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Eraser] C:\Program Files\Eraser\eraser.exe -hide
O4 - Global Startup: Instant Update Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: ADSService - Copyrightę Aluria Software, LLC - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\adsservice.exe
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EarthLink Firewall Process Path Service (ElnkFWPPService) - Aluria Software, LLC. - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\EFWPPService.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (read only) (InCDsrvR) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:09 PM

Hi OldVet and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer!

Can you tell me the full path to the file thats infected?

Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner

Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!
  • Follow the Instruction on the F-Secure page for proper installation.
  • Accept the License Agreement.
  • Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
  • Once the download completes,the scan will begin automatically.
  • The scan will take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
  • Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

#3 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

My virus scanner or XoftSpy did not give a file path whenever they alerted me to the problem(s). The scanner gave me W32generic!worm, and XoftSpy said I had numerous CoolWebSearch problems too. The P2P worm is confusing, as I don't download music off the net. Whatever is left of the worm(s) won't let me access my admin tools so I can remove it entirely...it keeps popping back up. Thanks.

Wayne

#4 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

CreteMonster...IE will not let me download the F-Secure online scanner .exe. It's telling me that my PC is 'blocking a popup', but my controls are turned off on my blocker, firewall, and antivirus scanner. FYI..

#5 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

OK,no problems,we will work this out another way.

For IE,Check each option in this link to ensure all the IE settings are as they should be.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/...rity/setup.mspx

Open IE and Click Tools-> Internet Options-> Programs and then click "Reset Web Settings"

Now go back and Click the Advanced Tab and then Click "Restore Defaults"

Lets also check some of the IE Settings

1. From within Internet Explorer click the Tools menu and then click on Internet Options.
2. Click once on the Security tab
3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
4. Click once on the Custom Level button.A.) Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
B.) Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
C.) Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
D.) Change the File Download to Prompt
E.) Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
F.) Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
G.) Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
5. Click 'OK' and save the settings if prompted.
6. Click Apply and then 'OK' to exit the Internet Properties page.

If the F-Secure scan still wont run,try using the SysClean Pakage instead.

Right Click the Desktop and Select New--> Folder--> Name it SysClean
  • Download the Sysclean Package to the folder you made.
  • Next,download the Virus Pattern Files (Official Pattern Release) and Spyware Pattern Files (Official Pattern Release) to your desktop from Here
  • Right Click each and Select Extract All to unzip the 2 folders.
  • Now,from the unzipped folders,move lpt$vpn.XXX and tmaptn.XXX files to the SysClean folder.
  • Restart in SAFE MODE(Tap F8 when restarting)
  • Open the SysClean Folder and doubleclick sysclean.com
  • Be sure Automatically clean or delete detected files is checked.
  • Click the Scan button to begin,please be patient,it will take a little bit to finish.
  • Once complete,verify the log from the scan (SYSCLEAN.LOG) is in the SysClean folder and restart back to Normal Mode.
  • Copy&Paste those results in the next reply.
Since they have updated the scanning engine on SysClean,here is a nice tutorial
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/vie...entID=en-125991

Edited by Cretemonster, 05 July 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#6 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

CreteMonster...As I posted originally, I am unable to access either safe mode or system restore. My PC just bypasses safe mode after selecting it, and I continually get that the task 'Run a DLL as a App failed' whenever trying to run System Restore (rundll32.exe, mod name: srrstr.dll). Then I get a Dr. Watson debugger fault as well, telling me to close it. :thumbsup: I ran the Trend Micro fix in regular mode and it found nothing..of course...just my luck.

Wayne

#7 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:08 PM

Hmmm,lets try this.

Go to the HijackThis folder and Right Click HijackThis.exe

Select rename and rename it to look.exe

Double Click look.exe to launch HijackThis

Do a System Scan and Save a logfile.

Post those results in the next reply.

#8 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

I ran a virus scan prior to the log file, and it found and deleted ABetterInternet.nail....FYI...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:54:47 AM, on 7/7/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRshutA.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics\ControlCenter\Reminder.exe
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6330\Browser\PPShared.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\adsservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\ppc_isp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\AuthFw.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Wayne Beauford\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for Hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.peoplepc.com/websearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.peoplepc.com/websearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PPCScamBHO Class - {7E3659A6-4BC5-4d93-B3FD-8B5ACC2FEDED} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\ScamGrd.dll
O2 - BHO: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: PeoplePal Toolbar - {A8FB8EB3-183B-4598-924D-86F0E5E37085} - C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\Toolbar\PPCToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USRpdA] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Speaker Configuration] D:\Sound\C-Media\WinXP\Setup.exe /SPEAKER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb07.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6330\BIN\PPCOLink.exe -STATION
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PeoplePC Internet Security Pack] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\ppc_isp.exe /minimize
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Program Files\YourWare Solutions\FreeRAM XP Pro\FreeRAM XP Pro.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Eraser] C:\Program Files\Eraser\eraser.exe -hide
O4 - Global Startup: Instant Update Reminder.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O23 - Service: ADSService - Copyrightę Aluria Software, LLC - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\adsservice.exe
O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
O23 - Service: EarthLink Firewall Process Path Service (ElnkFWPPService) - Aluria Software, LLC. - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PeoplePC\SecurityPack\EFWPPService.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (read only) (InCDsrvR) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

#9 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

BTW...Spyware Blaster tells me I have #862 and #225 CoolWebSearch problems. #862, and #225 relate to Bend Tick, and AccessMediaP2PLoader, but I don't know how to remove them. Thanks in advance for your help. I only know that from researching the faults. Everytime I start SB, it comes up with 2 (two) unprotected problems...see above. However, it all goes back to me being unable to access System Restore and safe Mode...IMO.

Wayne

#10 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

Download ComboFix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combo.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot, it should open a log, combofix.txt.

Post the contents of combofix.txt into the next reply.

#11 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

CreteMonster...I downloaded Combofix as suggested, but the program would not run. I even tried to run it from a command prompt without luck. A Stinger scan found and deleted the following: C:\windows\#NTServicePackUninstall\telnet.exe (as a downloader worm). FYI...

Wayne

#12 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

Hmmm,thats twice I have heard that about combofix.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be promted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

#13 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

CreteMonster..I downloaded the Kasparsky scanner and definitions, but the definition file was corrupt and the scanner would not run...myself, I feel that maybe my problem affects the downloads (Kasparsky, ComboFix, etc).

I don't think we are getting anywhere with this dialog, as least not to this point. And, I have noticed that you are busier than a one-legged man in a ass kicking contest helping others...too many problems to concentrate on. So, maybe it's time to just forget about trying to solve this problem..after all, it's mine. Thanks for your help. I'll keep manipulating my system and by chance get lucky, or just say f**k it and Dirk's Nuke and Boot it! Thanks..

Wayne

#14 Guest_Cretemonster_*

Guest_Cretemonster_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

I understand your frustration,believe me I do.

Im no busier now than any other day,this can just be a painstaking process.

Do me a favor and tell me if you can see your System32 folder,it should appear as clear.

If it appears hidden or you cant see it,I need to know.

Lets check some registry settings and see what we see there.

Create a new folder on the desktop.
Copy the contents of this next code box to Notepad.
Name the file inspect.bat
Save as Type: All files
Save in that new folder on the desktop.

Double click on inspect.bat and let it run.
When finished it will open a file in Notepad.
That file will be named lsa.txt
Please post the contents of lsa.txt into your next reply here.

If not exist Files MkDir Files

regedit /a /e files\2.txt HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OLE
regedit /a /e files\3.txt HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
regedit /a /e files\4.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole
regedit /a /e files\5.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
regedit /e /a files\6.txt HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\LSA
regedit /a /e files\7.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center"
regedit /a /e files\8.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center"
Regedit /a /e files\9.txt HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
Regedit /a /e files\10.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
Regedit /a /e files\11.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\WindowsFirewall
Regedit /a /e files\12.txt HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\WindowsFirewall
regedit /a /e files\13.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters
regedit /a /e files\14.txt HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services\SharedAccess

Copy files\*.txt = lsa.txt
rmdir /s /q files
Start Notepad lsa.txt

#15 OldVet

OldVet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

CM, I appreciate your tenacity. Here is the inspect.bat file.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum]
"{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}"=dword:00000001
"{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF}"=dword:40000021
"{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1}"=dword:00000020

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000001
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters]
"ServiceDll"=hex(2):25,53,79,73,74,65,6d,52,6f,6f,74,25,5c,53,79,73,74,65,6d,\
33,32,5c,69,70,6e,61,74,68,6c,70,2e,64,6c,6c,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall"=dword:00000001
"DoNotAllowExceptions"=dword:00000000
"DisableNotifications"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe:*:Enabled:TaskPanl"
"C:\\Program Files\\CallWave\\IAM.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\CallWave\\IAM.exe:*:Enabled:Internet Answering Machine"
"C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\Reminder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\Reminder.exe:*:Enabled:Reminder"
"C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\ctrlcntr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\ctrlcntr.exe:*:Enabled:ctrlcntr"
"C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\Temp\\ccftpclient.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\U.S. Robotics\\ControlCenter\\Temp\\ccftpclient.exe:*:Enabled:ccftpclient"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\vsmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\vsmon.exe:*:Disabled:TrueVector Service"
"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe:*:Disabled:Mozilla Firefox"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Wayne Beauford\\Local Settings\\Temp\\usmt\\migwiz.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Wayne Beauford\\Local Settings\\Temp\\usmt\\migwiz.exe:*:Enabled:Files and Settings Transfer Wizard"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"9999:TCP"="9999:TCP:LocalSubNet:Enabled:DNA"

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole]
"DefaultLaunchPermission"=hex:01,00,04,80,64,00,00,00,80,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
14,00,00,00,02,00,50,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,01,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,\
00,00,05,12,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,01,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,\
00,05,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,01,00,00,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,\
05,20,00,00,00,20,02,00,00,01,05,00,00,00,00,00,05,15,00,00,00,a0,5f,84,1f,\
5e,2e,6b,49,ce,12,03,03,f4,01,00,00,01,05,00,00,00,00,00,05,15,00,00,00,a0,\
5f,84,1f,5e,2e,6b,49,ce,12,03,03,f4,01,00,00
"EnableDCOM"="Y"
"MachineLaunchRestriction"=hex:01,00,04,80,48,00,00,00,58,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
14,00,00,00,02,00,34,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,1f,00,00,00,01,02,00,00,00,\
00,00,05,20,00,00,00,20,02,00,00,00,00,14,00,0b,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,\
00,01,00,00,00,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,05,20,00,00,00,20,02,00,00,01,02,00,\
"MachineAccessRestriction"=hex:01,00,04,80,44,00,00,00,54,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
14,00,00,00,02,00,30,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,14,00,03,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,\
00,00,05,07,00,00,00,00,00,14,00,07,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,\
00,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,05,20,00,00,00,20,02,00,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,\

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole\AppCompat]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Ole\AppCompat\ActivationSecurityCheckExemptionList]
"{A50398B8-9075-4FBF-A7A1-456BF21937AD}"="1"
"{AD65A69D-3831-40D7-9629-9B0B50A93843}"="1"
"{0040D221-54A1-11D1-9DE0-006097042D69}"="1"
"{2A6D72F1-6E7E-4702-B99C-E40D3DED33C3}"="1"

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"Authentication Packages"=hex(7):6d,73,76,31,5f,30,00,00
"Bounds"=hex:00,30,00,00,00,20,00,00
"Security Packages"=hex(7):6b,65,72,62,65,72,6f,73,00,6d,73,76,31,5f,30,00,73,\
63,68,61,6e,6e,65,6c,00,77,64,69,67,65,73,74,00,00
"LsaPid"=dword:000002b0
"SecureBoot"=dword:00000001
"auditbaseobjects"=dword:00000000
"crashonauditfail"=dword:00000000
"disabledomaincreds"=dword:00000000
"everyoneincludesanonymous"=dword:00000000
"fipsalgorithmpolicy"=dword:00000000
"forceguest"=dword:00000001
"fullprivilegeauditing"=hex:00
"limitblankpassworduse"=dword:00000001
"lmcompatibilitylevel"=dword:00000000
"nodefaultadminowner"=dword:00000001
"nolmhash"=dword:00000001
"restrictanonymous"=dword:00000001
"restrictanonymoussam"=dword:00000001
"Notification Packages"=hex(7):73,63,65,63,6c,69,00,00
"ImpersonatePrivilegeUpgradeToolHasRun"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\AccessProviders]
"ProviderOrder"=hex(7):57,69,6e,64,6f,77,73,20,4e,54,20,41,63,63,65,73,73,20,\
50,72,6f,76,69,64,65,72,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\AccessProviders\Windows NT Access Provider]
"ProviderPath"=hex(2):25,53,79,73,74,65,6d,52,6f,6f,74,25,5c,73,79,73,74,65,6d,\
33,32,5c,6e,74,6d,61,72,74,61,2e,64,6c,6c,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Audit]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Audit\PerUserAuditing]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Audit\PerUserAuditing\System]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Data]
"Pattern"=hex:8b,9d,73,77,01,cc,c7,72,56,ee,7c,fc,12,6a,db,e4,66,64,64,35,64,\
65,34,36,00,68,07,00,01,00,00,00,dc,00,00,00,e0,00,00,00,48,fa,06,00,97,55,\
5a,74,04,00,00,00,a0,fd,06,00,b8,fd,06,00,1a,19,80,7c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\GBG]
"GrafBlumGroup"=hex:a9,ce,02,b2,12,4c,14,01,97

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\JD]
"Lookup"=hex:51,ff,07,84,eb,31

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Domains]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\SidCache]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\msv1_0]
"ntlmminclientsec"=dword:00000000
"ntlmminserversec"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Skew1]
"SkewMatrix"=hex:b6,17,f1,38,0f,2e,35,e4,5c,94,fe,51,43,53,79,0d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SSO]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SSO\Passport1.4]
"SSOURL"="http://www.passport.com"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache]
"Time"=hex:70,05,d2,10,53,22,c5,01

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\digest.dll]
"Name"="Digest"
"Comment"="Digest SSPI Authentication Package"
"Capabilities"=dword:00004050
"RpcId"=dword:0000ffff
"Version"=dword:00000001
"TokenSize"=dword:0000ffff
"Time"=hex:00,9e,b7,33,f0,79,c4,01
"Type"=dword:00000031

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\msapsspc.dll]
"Name"="DPA"
"Comment"="DPA Security Package"
"Capabilities"=dword:00000037
"RpcId"=dword:00000011
"TokenSize"=dword:00000300

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\SspiCache\msnsspc.dll]
"Name"="MSN"
"Comment"="MSN Security Package"
"Capabilities"=dword:00000037
"RpcId"=dword:00000012
"TokenSize"=dword:00000300

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
"FirewallDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
"AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000000
"FirewallOverride"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\AhnlabAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ComputerAssociatesAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\KasperskyAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\McAfeeFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\PandaAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\PandaFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SophosAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TinyFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TrendAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\TrendFirewall]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"FirstRun"=dword:00000001

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091
"ClearRecentDocsOnExit"=dword:00000001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users