Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Overheating / Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Santii

Santii

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

Hello.  First off, sorry if this is the wrong section.

I am having trouble with my computer overheating when i play certain games and I'm not sure what it is.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zLg8QOP6a2uCRHe0uwuzlGR

What would be the best thing to replace/upgrade to help with the heating. 

Also what else would be good to improve overall performance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

For my desktop, I've added an extra internal fan; for my laptop, I've added an external usb-connected cooling assembly.  Not a gamer, so I'm not sure if only one extra fan will be enough.  For my use, extra fans helped quite a bit.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 tekmage3000

tekmage3000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

What are the hardware requirements for the games?  Check this first to see if the game requirements EXCEED you CPU.

You can always check into upgrading your CPU Cooling Fan.  There are plenty of choices.

A Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB is a GREAT performance booster!

Put your OS and installed programs on it.  Put your data on the existing Seagate Drive.

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Looking at that Speccy attachment, it does not appear that your computer is overheating. 42 degrees Celsius CPU and 36 degrees motherboard seem real nice to me. Is this the worse that it gets?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

As was previously post, the Speccy does not indicate a temperature to be concerned about.  It would be interesting to see what the temperatures are when you've been playing a game.

I don't see an antivirus installed in the Speccy, is this correct?

You are running matched RAM modules, but are only running in single channel.  You might want to be sure that both modules are installed in the paired slots.  These usually will be one color for one pair, and another color for the other pair.

You have a high uncorrectable sector count.  I would suggest that you run SeaTools to see if there is a problem with the hdd.

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users