Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a quick way to burn my Imageshack pics to disk?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

I've got several hundred pictures in Imageshack and want to burn them to disk for safekeeping.

Does anybody know if there's a way to do it wholesale at the click of a button, or do I have to painstakingly click on each picture individually in Ishack to save them to my hard drive (a long job) then burn them wholesale from there?

I asked Ishack weeks ago, they acknowledged receipt of my question but still haven't replied.

Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2015 - 11:18 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Graphics Design - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Actually...you are supposed to maintain a backup on your system...before uploading images :).

I would contact ImageShack and see what's possible...they claim to maintain triplicate copies of uploaded items and they may be able to assist you.

FWIW:  https://imageshack.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200049925-FEATURES .

Louis

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

would this be of help?  https://www.httrack.com/

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Thanks guys, actually I've already got them all burned to disk, but they're all hopelessly mixed up with other images and stuff (my fault), and separating them out would be like untangling a ball of string that'd take months.

I've asked Imageshack 3 times how I can copy my images from IS to a new disk, but all I get is an automated reply saying "read our FAQ's". Needless to say, I've read it but there's nothing in there of any help.

I might psyche myself up to have a crack at Rolands suggestion..:)

#5 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Wait! I got this reply below from Imageshack at the third attempt!
I've had a dabble with their Skypath thing and it seems to work, panic over..:)

"To download all of your images at once, this method requires an installation of the app Skypath, which was developed by imageshack and is free of charge. It is designed to sync images between different devices and computers, storing all the images in your account. 
Here is a link to our Skypath page for more information"- 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users