Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i was given a laptop but its in chinese,any help converting 2english

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xvupham

xvupham

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:51 AM

ok i think the problem lies in it coming from overseas so its runnin windows 7, does this mean i have to get another windows version. Is there another solution Pls help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:36 AM

If you have bought it, then you may ask the seller to do so.
From the user side, only in versions Ultimate and Enterprise you can do a complete change of display language.
Other versions support only limited language changes, else we may be going out of rules...
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

If it has a legit operating system then you can get a free Windows 7 install download from Microsoft Software Recovery Download Win 7

That is the best way to go if you have the 25 character product key. Stores in China are known to sell computers with pirated software and containing

malware.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 sage19

sage19

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:20 AM

There is a free utility that I've used that allows you to install the language packs also.

http://www.froggie.sk/en/index.html

Its call vistalizator. Yes it sounds weird and the website name is funky, but I've used it for a customer (didn't know about the software recovery link and needed spanish as the language on home premium)

Allowed me to install the language pack I needed for the user. Also has come in handy because we have several families that come in who have exchange students who have computers from their home country. 

Makes it justttt a bit easier to fix a pc brought in when its in a different language. 

Just remember that after downloading the appropriate version of the software to follow their links to download the language pack you need. I recommend doing this from a different computer then running from a flash drive. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users