Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

startup gets stuck at blue screen. windows repair fails

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shlulu123

shlulu123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hey everybody.
So, when i woke up i saw an error on the windows update in the taskbar. Seems like the computer tried restarting but failed. Also the sound didnt work when i tried playing a file. So i rebooted the system. Computer went stright to system repair mode where it supposedly succeeded. Computer rebooted itself and in the windows screen i got the blue screen of death.
From there it went to the system repair which failed
- os is windows 7 64
- computer is up to date with antivirus. - cant get into safe mode but can get to bios options.
- saw some people had trouble with theKB3045999 windows update Including critical failure to reboot. Maybe thats it?

Last thing, when looking at the startup repair log it seems as if all the tests went fine but at root cause found: registry is corrupt.
Computer was in sleep mode the entire night.
Any help? Thanks you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:49 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

Use this tool to do a System Restore to a time before the Windows Update... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-the-windows-7-recovery-environment/ .

#3 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

If the above doesn't work, you may need to do a non-destructive reinstall of Win7. See here ... https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-7.html .

Edited by ElfBane, 28 April 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#4 shlulu123

shlulu123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

Hey. Thanks for your reply.
So for the system restore- it fails. Says that it cant mount system restore from registry because as i said the problem of not booting is the registry is corrupt.
About your 2nd post- it says you can do it only when you boot windows in normal mode which i cant.
Also last known settings options doesnt work.

Thank you

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

That particular update has caused a ton of issues. If you can access the command prompt in the image below you can try the following command before trying System Restore using a system repair disk.

wusa /uninstall /kb:3045999 /quiet /forcerestart

6sysp.png

If you have access to another computer with Windows 7 create a System Repair Disk. From that do a System Restore to a date before the problem occured. If you need data from the computer you can install Aoemi PE builder on the other Windows 7 computer and create a bootable disk that will help you recover any files you need. You will not be able to do a repair install with it as it is only a minimal OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users