Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chrisarnt

chrisarnt

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/page-2 - Hamluis.

I am setting up a laptop for an oversees associate in India.

I like the Dell Lat with the T9900 processor because of its 6 mgs of cache

She wants 1 T of hard drive. 

I have a system set up and I want to buy a drive that has easy transfer software... basically hook up the new drive to a usb/sata cord. 

Then start the software and install the drive. Viola exact system different drive. 

I've used this with a Samsung SSD and their magician software, but it only works on a Samsung SSD. 

Furthermore I was looking at Samsung HDD and they said temps over 95 degrees may damage the drive. 

Any thoughts on easy transfer software?

""" """ """ on the ambient temp and the life of the HDD?

Edited by hamluis, 27 April 2015 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users