Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Varangian

Varangian

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer and all you awesome people who make it great.

I'm Varangian and I have been a long-time fan of this site.  So much so that I decided to create an account and dive right in.

Background if you are interested:  I cut my teeth on a Vic-20 and a Commodore 64 was the best friend I had up until Jr. High.  Not so much coding or doing anything useful, mostly games, but computers have always been a part of my life.  At the ripe old age of 35 I was disgusted with wasting the last 16 years of my life in a dead end job in food service (from washing dishes to running two restaurants and everything in between), I went back to school to study computer science.  I got raped by a wonderful company called Corinthian Colleges International and I am now (and still) the proud owner of a $30,000.00 associates degree that is not worth the paper it is written on (read = CompTia A+ cert ONLY).  I think I learned more about computers Googling my problems that i did from that sham of a school.  But besides the point I still have an avid love of computing and more specifically keeping computers running clean, fast and secure....

...TL/DR... don't blame you, Summary:  Under educated, Over-eager.  I want to learn as much as I can about system security and use what I learn to help others.

I would have been screwed many times over if not for the advice and tools made available to me on this site and now i want to give something back.  If I go rambling on about something that I (obviously) know nothing about, or if I'm just dead wrong about something, do not hesitate to correct me.  I'm here to learn and help out.  All is ask is that you keep criticism constructive.  

Edited by Varangian, 27 April 2015 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Beings

Beings

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hello.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. 

I am the same with you. I Google my problems and learn from mistakes or research. The best thing about computers and technology is, you learn something new everyday. 

I hope you have a nice day.  :welcome:

#3 cwbytez

cwbytez

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

welcome :guitar:

same to me i like this forum ,full of good people and expert

cheers!

My native language isn't English,so please point out to me out if I make any grammar mistake :P (i'm not really good at english)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users