Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Gruman

Bruce Gruman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Ny knowledge of computers consists of knowing enough about them to get me into serious trouble.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Minxy Moo

Minxy Moo

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

hello Bruce  :welcome:

:hysterical: what kind of trouble? made me giggle when I read that!  :hysterical:

this is me =  :killcomp:

#3 Bruce Gruman

Bruce Gruman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Hmmmm, where to begin? I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 7, they appear to have a very difficult virus that won't go away. Several weeks ago my brother in law (a certified and well trained computer guru) wanted me to use MalwareBites (I'm a SuperAnti Spyware guy) to remove it/them. Several days later my computers were all messed up, I removed Malware and installed my choice. It seemed to work better but not perfect. When my brother in law has some free ($$$) time he will come by to check them out, but until then I need something done. Ps I use the desktop, my wife uses the laptop, both computers are Dell's, and my wife likes to have the Dell Dock active and has all her apps start from there. I think she should turn it off, what do you think? Thx

#4 Minxy Moo

Minxy Moo

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

you might want to copy and paste that problem here hun

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/

I'm no expert, I get by (I'm a SuperAnti Spyware gal) 

Isn't dell dock just a task based organiser? I don't use it and I'm not a Dell gal  

can you do a system restore? 

malwarebites gets rid of trojans, worms and supposed to get rid of spyware ... run the scan and it should get rid 

there are false/fake downloads so I like to download with cnet ... so it would be malwarebites anti-malware - cnet download.com 

Like I said hun, I'm no expert so ask your question on the link I've posted - it is on here  :thumbup2:

hope you get it sorted soon and your wife can have her dock open to help her access all her apps easy  :)

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:10 AM

To be honest, downloading things from CNET is not the best choice - why not downloading Malwarebytes from their own site?

Welcome to BC - post your question in the appropriate forum, and someone will answer! Have fun!

#6 cwbytez

cwbytez

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

you might want to copy and paste that problem here hun

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/

I'm no expert, I get by (I'm a SuperAnti Spyware gal) 

Isn't dell dock just a task based organiser? I don't use it and I'm not a Dell gal  

can you do a system restore? 

malwarebites gets rid of trojans, worms and supposed to get rid of spyware ... run the scan and it should get rid 

there are false/fake downloads so I like to download with cnet ... so it would be malwarebites anti-malware - cnet download.com 

Like I said hun, I'm no expert so ask your question on the link I've posted - it is on here  :thumbup2:

hope you get it sorted soon and your wife can have her dock open to help her access all her apps easy  :)

i agree what Alexstrasza said, cnet is not a good a choice. i do download some software  from cnet, it turn out that i download a downloader not a software that i want.you can read some threads that i linked to you

With CNET and similar download hosting sites, you always have to be careful with links to download anything. Clicking the link may redirect to another downloading site which uses heavy and confusing advertising with more download links. Clicking on the incorrect link (thinking its the one you want) often results in downloading a program the user did not intend to download. Sometimes looking at the name of the setup file before saving it to your hard drive, will give a clue to what you are actually downloading so you can cancel out of it.

Further, many third-party hosting sites bundle toolbars and other software in their download packages as a way to increase vendor revenue and recoup business costs through the distribution of third party software. This practice is now the most common revenue generator for free downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506799/your-opinions-at-the-security-of-cnet/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422820/cnet-bundled-with-viruses/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510527/cnet-and-malware/

i do prefer filehippo.com btw :thumbup2:

cheers!

Edited by cwbytez, 28 April 2015 - 03:57 PM.

My native language isn't English,so please point out to me out if I make any grammar mistake :P (i'm not really good at english)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users