Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yesyes

yesyes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

Hi folks, I have uploaded pictures to eBay to sell items 100's of times ,no problem, I have recently gone "wireless" coincidence ,maybe, but I have been unable to upload my pictures and send them to eBay, they load from my folder into the ebay box,but when I click continue,instead of sending I am returned to "add a pcture", I am also unable to Dowload their Active X control for "enhnced picture option",ebay have sent me LOTS of remedies (none worked) all the obvioue i.e, clear cookies,disable firewall,disable anti-virus,disable pop-up blocker,etc.etc., however to test the "browser" problem theory, I had the bright Idea to try useing FireFox as a browser,and Behold it works fine and I can end pictures at last,but I still need to know what causes the original problem any Ideas, thanks, Mike

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum and closed tags. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 July 2006 - 10:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

Have you tried adding eBay to your Trusted Sites zone?

To add a site to the Trusted Sites Zone:
Open Internet Explorer.
At the top click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the Security tab.
Click the Trusted sites icon.
Click the Sites... button.
Where it says Add this Web site to the zone:, type in the URL of the site you want to add.
Click the Add button.
Click the OK button.
Click Apply.
Click OK.

To enable ActiveX for Trusted sites:
Open IE.
At the top, click Tools.
Click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab.
Click the Trusted sites icon.
Click the Custom Level... button.
Scroll down to Download signed ActiveX controls, and put a check in Enable.
Scroll down to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, and put a check in Enable.
Scroll down to Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting, and put a check in Enable.
Click OK.
Click Apply.
Click OK.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users