Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer running slow and often freezing

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mo12

mo12

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

I have Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 8 (I think) service pack 3. It is a new computer. Lately, I have noticed that I get a warning from Norton saying that there is a high CPU usage of Internet Explorer. Also, Facebook often does not respond at first and if I try to play a game on Facebook, it keeps freezing saying connection to the server is cut off. It seems that I often have to "restart" to get a better consistent connection to Facebook. Everything else seems to run fine except for a discussion forum I go to as I find I have to refresh it a couple of times. I am not computer savy but if you have any suggestions for me to try, I would really appreciate it.

Another thing I have noticed is that quite suddenly, the font has become very thin and fine and it is noticeable when I type in my password for Facebook and so on. It is the same size and style but is very very thin.

Edited by mo12, 27 April 2015 - 11:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Minxy Moo

Minxy Moo

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

You have probably done what I'm going to suggest. 

first I'd try clean up and defrag (clear all history and cookies) 

I'd also do a full scan ... I used to have norton but hated it! I had so many problems with it.

I now use two different free ones - I use AVG for protection and I use super antispyware for a second more intense scan.

I don't use internet explorer either ... it's evil lol that alone could be the problem with the slowness!

try firefox (although I don't get on with that either) I use google chrome o.O some don't like that but I love it! 

I also just found this - maybe it'll be of use  :thumbup2: (hope I'm allowed to post links!)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/is-your-internet-explorer-8-running-slow-andor/3ad99b26-74b2-4c0c-bca7-42e7cb345922

Edited by Minxy Moo, 27 April 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

Hi mo12 :)

I have Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 8 (I think) service pack 3

If you have Windows 8.1, you have Internet Explorer 11. It's the default version of Internet Explorer that comes with Windows 8.1. Also, Windows 8.1 doesn't have a SP, but one big update often referred as "Update 1".

It is a new computer

How new is it?

I have noticed that I get a warning from Norton saying that there is a high CPU usage of Internet Explorer.

Did you buy Norton and install it, or did it come with the computer when you bought it?

I'll need additional information on your system in order to assist you, please follow the instructions below.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List IP Configuration;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      B8oLpa3.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;
ik5xYHs.pngSpeccy - Publish a snapshot
Follow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:
  • Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);
    Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;
  • Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;
  • After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;
  • A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;
  • A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

I used to have norton on an XP computer, it does give those CPU usage warnings, they are nothing to be concerned about, quite normal and harmless. As for your very slow internet experience that is more of a problem, can you tell whether it is just a slow connection, or is it that your connection is fast but your machine is slowing the whole experience down? Do other programs run quickly on your machine, or is everything slow? One way you might be able to speed up browsing is by setting your browser to only load plugins when you choose to (in google chrome this is "click to play", in firefox it is "ask to activate", I'm not sure if you can do it in IE), this will speed up your browsing a lot, because your computer and connection won't be slowed down by loading huge amounts of junk around the page corners on every page you visit.

It is my personal opinion that you should stop usign IE and switch to another browser, chrome or firefox. If you choose firefox there are some extensions you can run which will vastly imrpove your security and speed up your browsing even further in the process. If you choose chrome you get the convenience of a browser with most features already built in so you don't need to search for plugins (like flash and a pdf reader) or worry about maintaining them because in chrome they are built in.

Causes of slowing can include: un-necessary processes running, un-necessary programs installed, un-necessary startup items, viruses, old hardware, too many temp files clogging drive space, a drive which is so full of files it has almost no space left, bloatware which is running in the background. Except for viruses most of possible these can be easily solved, if a virus is the cause then there are sections on this forum which can help you, if any of the other possible causes are the cause then I can suggest solutions. You say you are not computer savvy so the easiest method for you might be to post logs of certin system information on this forum so people here can see if anything stands out as being a likely cause.

Another thing that would be helpful is if you were to post a log of programs on your system, and maybe a list of proceses running in the details tab of task manager. EDIT: I was still composing this when Aura posted his reply, his instructions for minitoolbox and speccy give more detail than mine but still contain this same information anyway. You should follow his instructions as that will give the info I discuss here and some other infoas well. [ignore]To make a log of programs you can use minitoolbox from this site, tick the box for installed programs, leave the rest unticked. Or you could go into the programs list in control panel, write the names you see on paper and then type them into a post, but the minitoolbox log is much quicker to do. You can copy the text of this into your posts. To post a list of your running processes you might have to look through task manager, jot down on paper the names of all the processes you see running and then type all those names into a post [/ignore].Information about what programs you have installed and what processes are running will be helpful to work out the causes of your slowness. Knowing what your computer is trying to do at any given time in the background will help people here to recognise if you have any un-necessary things installed or running which might be hogging the processor. Running a scan with malwarebytes (there is a free version) would be another wise idea, viruses can cause slowing, running a scan with malwarebtes would be a good way to check for any infections.

Edited by rp88, 27 April 2015 - 01:31 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#5 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

This is in reply to Aura from the post above this one: My computer is one year old and it has Vistas on it and Norton came with it for a temporary period; then I bought Norton and it installed from online. Here is the log for minitoolbox:

The log is in Notepad, I select all, click copy but it won't paste in here. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong??

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

If you aren't able to copy and paste it here, you can create a paste on Pastebin.com and post the link to it here.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

Pastebin says I have exceeded the amount of kilobytes of space for this file. I may be just doing some simple thing wrong. The result (log) is in a file on the desktop. I click it and see it, then I go select all, copy but when I try to paste it in the space here, nothing happens. I have right clicked where the cursor is and clicked paste, I have tried clicking the little icon on the top here that says paste. maybe I just need very detailed instructions. I remember having trouble pasting into this forum before but forget how I overcame it.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

For the MiniToolBox, did you check the exact options when running the scan? You might have checked "List Devices - All" and not "List Devices - Only problems". Re-run it again and check the cases you have to check one by one.

unite_blue.png

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

How did you try to paste the log?

There are several ways to paste it.

1) Right click and choose paste. If that does not work

2) Depending on your browser you can click Edit in the top toolbar and choose Paste.

3) If the toolbar options in your reply box are grayed out look in the top row and click the first icon, which will switch over and make the icons clickable.

In the first row of icons, click the first folder icon. (Hovering over it will say Paste)

Click Allow and the text will be pasted.

#10 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 14-04-2015

Ran by maureen (administrator) on 28-04-2015 at 12:07:52

Running from "C:\Users\maureen\Downloads"

Microsoft Windows 8.1  (X64)

Model: SX2185 Manufacturer: Gateway

Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.

No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller = Ethernet (Connected)

Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter = Wi-Fi (Media disconnected)

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) = Bluetooth Network Connection (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------

# IPv4 Configuration

# ----------------------------------

pushd interface ipv4

reset

set global icmpredirects=enabled

set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="Ethernet" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="Bluetooth Network Connection" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 12" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

set interface interface="ethernet_3" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled

popd

# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Maureen-PC

Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain_not_set.invalid

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 16-DB-30-14-93-78

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A4-DB-30-14-BD-A8

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A4-DB-30-14-93-78

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : domain_not_set.invalid

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F8-0F-41-A1-22-A9

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e10f:a7df:614a:8a46%3(Preferred)

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.100.101(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : April 27, 2015 10:35:48 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : April 29, 2015 8:19:15 AM

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.100.254

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.100.254

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 267915073

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-F6-88-42-F8-0F-41-A1-22-A9

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.100.254

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.domain_not_set.invalid:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : domain_not_set.invalid

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:1019:25d:27c8:2ece(Preferred)

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1019:25d:27c8:2ece%8(Preferred)

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 167772160

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-F6-88-42-F8-0F-41-A1-22-A9

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Server:  dslmodem.domain

Address:  192.168.100.254

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Name:    google.com

Addresses:  2607:f8b0:4001:c06::66

Pinging google.com [216.123.55.24] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.123.55.24: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=58

Reply from 216.123.55.24: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 216.123.55.24:

Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 26ms, Maximum = 26ms, Average = 26ms

Server:  dslmodem.domain

Address:  192.168.100.254

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

Name:    yahoo.com

Addresses:  98.138.253.109

Pinging yahoo.com [98.139.183.24] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 98.139.183.24: bytes=32 time=73ms TTL=51

Reply from 98.139.183.24: bytes=32 time=75ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 98.139.183.24:

Minimum = 73ms, Maximum = 75ms, Average = 74ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

===========================================================================

Interface List

9...16 db 30 14 93 78 ......Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

6...a4 db 30 14 bd a8 ......Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

4...a4 db 30 14 93 78 ......Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter

3...f8 0f 41 a1 22 a9 ......Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1

7...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

8...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv4 Route Table

Active Routes:

Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric

0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0  192.168.100.254  192.168.100.101     20

127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

192.168.100.0    255.255.255.0         On-link   192.168.100.101    276

192.168.100.101  255.255.255.255         On-link   192.168.100.101    276

192.168.100.255  255.255.255.255         On-link   192.168.100.101    276

224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link   192.168.100.101    276

255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306

255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link   192.168.100.101    276

Persistent Routes:

None

IPv6 Route Table

Active Routes:

If Metric Network Destination      Gateway

8    306 ::/0                     On-link

1    306 ::1/128                  On-link

8    306 2001::/32                On-link

8    306 2001:0:9d38:90d7:1019:25d:27c8:2ece/128

On-link

3    276 fe80::/64                On-link

8    306 fe80::/64                On-link

8    306 fe80::1019:25d:27c8:2ece/128

On-link

3    276 fe80::e10f:a7df:614a:8a46/128

On-link

1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link

3    276 ff00::/8                 On-link

8    306 ff00::/8                 On-link

Persistent Routes:

None

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:

==================

Error: (04/28/2015 11:53:14 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: )

Description: The program WINWORD.EXE version 11.0.5604.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 918

Start Time: 01d081d3b6ce82b8

Termination Time: 16116

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE

Report Id: 039791cb-edc7-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error: (04/28/2015 11:33:01 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: )

Description: The program WINWORD.EXE version 11.0.5604.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 950

Start Time: 01d081d0db8a649c

Termination Time: 9

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE

Report Id: 3a0f02cc-edc4-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/28/2015 11:26:59 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: )

Description: The program IEXPLORE.EXE version 11.0.9600.17416 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 1224

Start Time: 01d081cf31fc8c2c

Termination Time: 51

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Report Id: 643de4d8-edc3-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/28/2015 08:19:17 AM) (Source: Desktop Window Manager) (User: )

Description: The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898008d)

Error: (04/27/2015 11:22:41 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Description: Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17416, time stamp: 0x5452eed9

Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.525, time stamp: 0x53b754db

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0042dce2

Faulting process id: 0xfe4

Faulting application start time: 0xIEXPLORE.EXE0

Faulting application path: IEXPLORE.EXE1

Faulting module path: IEXPLORE.EXE2

Report Id: IEXPLORE.EXE3

Faulting package full name: IEXPLORE.EXE4

Faulting package-relative application ID: IEXPLORE.EXE5

Error: (04/27/2015 09:57:48 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: )

Description: The program IEXPLORE.EXE version 11.0.9600.17416 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: b84

Start Time: 01d080f0a28ba7b8

Termination Time: 146

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Report Id: c411740c-eced-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/27/2015 08:46:51 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Description: Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17416, time stamp: 0x5452eed9

Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.525, time stamp: 0x53b754db

Fault offset: 0x000742c7

Faulting process id: 0x147c

Error: (04/27/2015 08:34:09 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Faulting process id: 0x11c8

Error: (04/27/2015 08:08:40 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Faulting process id: 0x6dc

Error: (04/26/2015 09:09:43 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x00000000

Faulting process id: 0x13d8

System errors:

=============

Error: (04/27/2015 11:37:50 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Description: application-specificLocalActivation{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS-1-5-18LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Error: (04/27/2015 10:34:34 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Description: application-specificLocalActivation{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS-1-5-18LocalHost (Using LRPC)UnavailableUnavailable

Error: (04/27/2015 11:54:18 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Maureen-PC)

Description: {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}

Error: (04/27/2015 10:55:08 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Maureen-PC)

Description: {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}

Error: (04/26/2015 11:18:54 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/26/2015 09:14:56 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/26/2015 01:43:37 PM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/26/2015 11:49:45 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: Maureen-PC)

Description: {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}

Error: (04/26/2015 00:03:30 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/25/2015 11:45:35 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Microsoft Office Sessions:

=========================

Error: (04/28/2015 11:53:14 AM) (Source: Application Hang)(User: )

Description: WINWORD.EXE11.0.5604.091801d081d3b6ce82b816116C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE039791cb-edc7-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/28/2015 11:33:01 AM) (Source: Application Hang)(User: )

Description: WINWORD.EXE11.0.5604.095001d081d0db8a649c9C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE3a0f02cc-edc4-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/28/2015 11:26:59 AM) (Source: Application Hang)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.17416122401d081cf31fc8c2c51C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE643de4d8-edc3-11e4-bf10-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/28/2015 08:19:17 AM) (Source: Desktop Window Manager)(User: )

Description: 0x8898008d

Error: (04/27/2015 11:22:41 AM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.174165452eed9atidxx32.dll8.17.10.52553b754dbc00000050042dce2fe401d080f9037ac382C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atidxx32.dlla043caf2-ecf9-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/27/2015 09:57:48 AM) (Source: Application Hang)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.17416b8401d080f0a28ba7b8146C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEc411740c-eced-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/27/2015 08:46:51 AM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.174165452eed9atidxx32.dll8.17.10.52553b754dbc0000005000742c7147c01d080eedc44d886C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atidxx32.dlldaddf873-ece3-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/27/2015 08:34:09 AM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.174165452eed9atidxx32.dll8.17.10.52553b754dbc0000005000742c711c801d080eb4e0119f0C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atidxx32.dll14e9ddbc-ece2-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/27/2015 08:08:40 AM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.174165452eed9atidxx32.dll8.17.10.52553b754dbc0000005000742c76dc01d080e685fde533C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atidxx32.dll8554a2f6-ecde-11e4-bf0f-a4db3014bda8

Error: (04/26/2015 09:09:43 PM) (Source: Application Error)(User: )

Description: IEXPLORE.EXE11.0.9600.174165452eed9unknown0.0.0.000000000c00000050000000013d801d0808499d3d52cC:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEunknown77a81a1f-ec82-11e4-bf0e-a4db3014bda8

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Acer Remote (HKLM-x32\...\Acer Remote1.0) (Version: 1.0 - Acer Inc.)

AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding (Version: 12.10.100.30322 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

AMD APP SDK Runtime (Version: 10.0.1016.4 - Advanced Micro Devices Inc.) Hidden

AMD Catalyst Control Center (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

AMD Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{E3AB2F4D-B540-437B-4E4F-3A3C344C3B2A}) (Version: 8.0.911.0 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

AMD Fuel (Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

AMD VISION Engine Control Center (x32 Version: 2013.0322.413.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Bejeweled 3 (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden

Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX (HKLM-x32\...\Easy-PhotoPrint EX) (Version:  - )

Canon Inkjet Printer/Scanner/Fax Extended Survey Program (HKLM-x32\...\CANONIJPLM100) (Version:  - )

Canon MP Navigator EX 4.0 (HKLM-x32\...\MP Navigator EX 4.0) (Version:  - )

Canon MP495 series MP Drivers (HKLM\...\{1199FAD5-9546-44f3-81CF-FFDB8040B7BF}_Canon_MP495_series) (Version:  - )

Canon My Printer (HKLM-x32\...\CanonMyPrinter) (Version:  - )

Canon Solution Menu EX (HKLM-x32\...\CanonSolutionMenuEX) (Version:  - )

Catalyst Control Center - Branding (x32 Version: 1.00.0000 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Catalyst Control Center (HKLM-x32\...\WUCCCApp) (Version: 1.00.0000 - AMD)

Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy (x32 Version: 2013.0322.413.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Catalyst Control Center Localization All (x32 Version: 2013.0322.413.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Catalyst Control Center Localization All (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Catalyst Control Center Profiles Mobile (x32 Version: 2013.0322.413.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Chinese Standard (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Chinese Standard (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Chinese Traditional (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Chinese Traditional (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Czech (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Czech (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Danish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Danish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Dutch (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Dutch (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help English (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help English (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Finnish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Finnish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help French (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help French (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help German (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help German (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Greek (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Greek (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Hungarian (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Hungarian (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Italian (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Italian (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Japanese (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Japanese (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Korean (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Korean (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Norwegian (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Norwegian (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Polish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Polish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Portuguese (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Portuguese (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Russian (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Russian (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Spanish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Spanish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Swedish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Swedish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Thai (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Thai (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Turkish (x32 Version: 2013.0322.0412.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

CCC Help Turkish (x32 Version: 2014.0704.2132.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

ccc-utility64 (Version: 2013.0322.413.5642 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

ccc-utility64 (Version: 2014.0704.2133.36938 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) Hidden

Cradle Of Egypt Collector's Edition (x32 Version: 2.2.0.110 - WildTangent) Hidden

CrushArcade (HKCU\...\CrushArcade) (Version:  - CrushArcade)

CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{E3739848-5329-48E3-8D28-5BBD6E8BE384}) (Version: 6.5.3318_45364 - CyberLink Corp.)

CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 (x32 Version: 6.5.3318_45364 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden

CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A}) (Version: 12.0.2531.57 - CyberLink Corp.)

CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (x32 Version: 12.0.2531.57 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden

Delicious: Emily's Childhood Memories Premium Edition (x32 Version: 3.0.2.32 - WildTangent) Hidden

eBay Worldwide (HKLM-x32\...\{91589413-6675-4C27-8AFC-EFB9103B90A5}) (Version: 2.4.0105 - OEM)

Game Channels (HKLM-x32\...\WildTangentGameProvider-gateway-genres) (Version: 8.1.0.17 - WildTangent, Inc.)

Game Channels (x32 Version: 8.1.0.17 - WildTangent, Inc.) Hidden

Gateway Power Management (HKLM\...\{91F52DE4-B789-42B0-9311-A349F10E5479}) (Version: 7.00.3012 - Gateway Incorporated)

Gateway Recovery Management (HKLM\...\{07F2005A-8CAC-4A4B-83A2-DA98A722CA61}) (Version: 6.00.3016 - Gateway Incorporated)

Hotkey Utility (HKLM-x32\...\{A6DC88AD-501A-44BC-884D-57435F972E2C}) (Version: 3.00.3004 - Gateway Incorporated)

Identity Card (HKLM-x32\...\{3D9CB654-99AD-4301-89C6-0D12A790767C}) (Version: 2.00.3004 - Gateway Incorporated)

Jewel Match 3 (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden

Live Updater (HKLM-x32\...\{EE26E302-876A-48D9-9058-3129E5B99999}) (Version: 2.00.3007 - Gateway Incorporated)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.0.4.1028 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 2.0.4.1028 - Malwarebytes Corporation)

Microsoft App Update for microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.0.1119.516_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe (x64) (Version: 1.0.0.0 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Microsoft Office (HKLM-x32\...\{90150000-0138-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}) (Version: 15.0.4454.1510 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 (HKLM-x32\...\{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}) (Version: 11.0.5614.0 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{837b34e3-7c30-493c-8f6a-2b0f04e2912c}) (Version: 8.0.59193 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM\...\{8220EEFE-38CD-377E-8595-13398D740ACE}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.4148 (HKLM\...\{4B6C7001-C7D6-3710-913E-5BC23FCE91E6}) (Version: 9.0.30729.4148 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (HKLM-x32\...\{1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}) (Version: 9.0.30729.4148 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM\...\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 (HKLM-x32\...\{F0C3E5D1-1ADE-321E-8167-68EF0DE699A5}) (Version: 10.0.40219 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{15134cb0-b767-4960-a911-f2d16ae54797}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{22154f09-719a-4619-bb71-5b3356999fbf}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.50727 (Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50727 (Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.50727 (x32 Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50727 (x32 Version: 11.0.50727 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Mystery P.I. - Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden

Nero BackItUp (x32 Version: 12.5.5000 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero BackItUp 12 Essentials OEM.a01 (HKLM-x32\...\{4CA8F973-6377-4ABF-9ED5-CC2323B3C000}) (Version: 12.5.00500 - Nero AG)

Nero BackItUp Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 12.0.10000 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero ControlCenter (x32 Version: 11.0.15600 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero ControlCenter Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 12.0.7000 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero Core Components (x32 Version: 11.0.20200 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero Launcher (x32 Version: 12.2.7000 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero RescueAgent (x32 Version: 12.0.3001 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero RescueAgent Help (CHM) (x32 Version: 12.0.7000 - Nero AG) Hidden

Nero Update (x32 Version: 11.0.11800.31.0 - Nero AG) Hidden

Norton Internet Security (HKLM-x32\...\NIS) (Version: 21.7.0.11 - Symantec Corporation)

Norton Online Backup (HKLM-x32\...\{40A66DF6-22D3-44B5-A7D3-83B118A2C0DC}) (Version: 2.2.3.51r2 - Symantec Corporation)

Norton Online Backup ARA (x32 Version: 4.1.0.14 - Symantec Corporation) Hidden

Peggle Nights (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden

Plants vs. Zombies - Game of the Year (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden

Prerequisite installer (x32 Version: 12.0.0003 - Nero AG) Hidden

Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64) (HKLM\...\{A84A4FB1-D703-48DB-89E0-68B6499D2801}) (Version: 8.0.0.214 - Qualcomm Atheros Communications)

Qualcomm Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Installation Program (HKLM-x32\...\{28006915-2739-4EBE-B5E8-49B25D32EB33}) (Version: 11.31 - Qualcomm Atheros)

Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{8833FFB6-5B0C-4764-81AA-06DFEED9A476}) (Version: 8.13.314.2013 - Realtek)

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.6859 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Realtek USB Card Reader (HKLM-x32\...\{1E496A68-4943-424E-829D-5C3C85B7B8F2}) (Version: 6.2.9200.30150 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Spotify (HKLM-x32\...\Spotify) (Version: 0.8.4.99.ga249b5f1 - Spotify AB)

StudioTax 2014 (HKLM-x32\...\{1E4FE9B1-13B1-4E9D-94B2-6C194A1F6716}) (Version: 10.0.3.0 - BHOK IT Consulting)

Tales of Lagoona (x32 Version: 2.2.0.110 - WildTangent) Hidden

TextTwist 2 (x32 Version: 2.2.0.95 - WildTangent) Hidden

The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire (x32 Version: 3.0.2.32 - WildTangent) Hidden

Update Installer for WildTangent Games App (x32 Version:  - WildTangent) Hidden

WildTangent Games (HKLM-x32\...\WildTangent wildgames Master Uninstall) (Version: 1.0.4.0 - WildTangent)

WildTangent Games App (x32 Version: 4.0.11.9 - WildTangent) Hidden

========================= Devices: ================================

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 39%

Total physical RAM: 3517.19 MB

Available physical RAM: 2133.61 MB

Total Pagefile: 4157.19 MB

Available Pagefile: 2539.66 MB

Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB

Available Virtual: 3965.06 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (Gateway) (Fixed) (Total:913.78 GB) (Free:874.6 GB) NTFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\MAUREEN-PC

Administrator            Guest                    maureen                 

**** End of log ****

#11 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DEQVDUCGvp46lcL5K2boiH2

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

I can see that your Word and Internet Explorer crashes often. Could be a cache issue when it comes to your website, let's run TFC and give it a try after.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download and execute Temp File Cleaner (TFC);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png

#13 mo12

mo12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

Okay, so I did the temporary file cleaner thing so I will see how things go now! I really appreciate everyone's help on this forum!

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

No problem, our pleasure mo :) Keep us updated!

unite_blue.png

#15 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

From quickly looking at your list of programs you might want to uninstall:

All the wild tangent stuff (bundled games) (unless you actually play them)

Some of the Nero stuff (mostly relates to disc burning, bundled but some bits MIGHT be useful)(unless you use it)

ebay worldwide (bundled)(unless you use it)

Some of the cyberlink stuff (bundled)(unless you use it)

Several of the canon things (but not the drivers)(they are all designed to encourage you to spend in canon's online store, things like the extended survey program)

Other than bundled bloat, which is probably a waste of space to you but not actively dangerous in these cases, I can't see much junkware on your machine. Some others here might suggest extra things in the list which they recognise as rubbish, or migth give reasons for keeping the things I've listed here.

The list does not indicate whether you have any windows wtore apps installed, some of these might be bloatware you wish to remove and may cause slowing but without them listed I cannot know, and I don't think there is any quick and easy way to list them.

I also notice you have only IE as a browser, you might want to install chrome of firefox (or both) as alternative browsers, that way you can test them and see if you prefer them, you can still use IE if you prefer it but with those two installed you'll have the options to use them instead. If you need advice about the best settings to use in either brower, or how to set up default browsers then I will happily advise you.

I would also suggest you might want to download CCleaner from piriform, once you have it installed I suggest you disable it's active parts and just have it as a program for clearing temp files when you manually choose to run it every week or so. Once you have it installed please go into it's section about startups and jot down on paper the list of startup prcoess for windows, the list of startups for each of your browsers and the list of scheduled tasks. The type these lists of startups into a post on this site. When you have it installed NEVER use it's registry cleaning functions, these will bring you no benefit if you use them but will run the risk of damaging your operating system severely. When you have it installed make sure to check over the list of tick boxes for temp files before running the temp file cleaner, there are some things there you might want to untick (like your recycle bin and any saved passwords you might have). And during installation watch for bundled items in the installer, I think CCleaner currently bundles a google toolbar, you probably don't want that (it doesn't do anything useful though it's not hugely annoying) so make sure to untick it.

Edited by rp88, 29 April 2015 - 11:59 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users