Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vpn Client

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tnickw

tnickw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:16 AM

I have installed a Cisco VPN client on 10 Windows XP laptops. All of the 10 laptops are able to connect to our company's Virtual Private Network via the Cisco client. However, when I try to open a remote desktop connection to our Terminal Server on two of the computers, I am given an error message that the target computer cannot be found. It makes absolutely no sense to me why I can't get this to work on two computers while it works fine on eight others. I've turned off firewalls and virus scanners in case maybe they were blocking the connection--no help. I'm a college student working as an IT intern over the summer for this company. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going wrong? Let me know if you need more information.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

If i read that correctly, you open up a tunnel to gain access to a remote network, when you try to open up a remote connection to a local computer it cant find it. is that right?
if so, i wonder if because the tunnel is open, while using your custom vpn client, all your traffic goes through the tunnel. id this is the case, your terminal servers of course are not in the tunnel, traffic directed through it, would not be destined to the appropriate lan.

can you ping the server you need to connect to while the tunnel is open? do you have a hardware firewall, like a cisco 500 series in your local lan?

post back, i am interested in this.
dave
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users