Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brightness settings revert immediately after I change them!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CraiGT500

CraiGT500

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:36 AM

Alright, so get this: if I try and change the brightness settings in the Nvidia control panel, after moving the slider to darker or lighter, the screen will immediately adjust back to a standard brightness. This happens in games too. I'll find an area too dark and change the in game brightness and bam, it just reverts back. The thing is, the slider doesn't jump back or anything, the computer just adapts the new brightness so that it looks like the standard. Here are a couple of screenshots to visualize my rambling. Notice the gamma settings and the fact that regardless of which setting I chose, the screenshot brightness is literally exactly the same. This is not a monitor issue because 1) I've turned off all adaptive measures on my TV and 2) those are screenshots, they would not display the monitor settings.

Attached File  Standard.jpg   61.86KB   0 downloads Gamma = 1

Attached File  2.jpg   62.03KB   0 downloads Gamma = 2

Attached File  2.8.jpg   62.02KB   0 downloads Gamma = 2.8

Attached File  .3.jpg   62.03KB   0 downloads Gamma = 0.3

Edit: here's some Windows Calibration screenshots. Notice the slider positions and the fact that the image doesn't change relative to the slider. 

Attached File  Standard.jpg   32.38KB   0 downloads Standard Gamma

Attached File  Max.jpg   32.18KB   0 downloads Max Gamma

Attached File  Min.jpg   32.18KB   0 downloads Min Gamma

The brightness is absurdly high and it's killing me. I pledge my allegiance to this website and will dedicate my abundant debugging experience if anyone can cure this insanity. 

Edited by CraiGT500, 26 April 2015 - 01:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CraiGT500

CraiGT500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Figured it out. It was friggin' f.lux. 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,831 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

#4 STEVEN from OREGON

STEVEN from OREGON

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Figured it out. It was friggin' f.lux.

Oh my god, I don't know if anyone will see this, but this guy mentioned f.lux, and that was the problem!
Even though it was in "disabled" mode, you have to completely close that program.
Then adjust your color and gamma settings.  You'll notice instantly that the problem is gone!
I love when things like this are solved :)

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2017 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users