Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth headset kills Wi-Fi

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

I have used plenty of bluetooth devices before with my ASUS U47A laptop's built-in bluetooth, including bluetooth headsets of varying kinds, it has always worked fine. 

I bought the Turtle Beach XP-510 headset for work/play. Followed instructions for installation and have even tried my own methods of pairing bluetooth on them. the strange thing is, for both internet access and the bluetooth headset to work simultaneously, I have to be connected directly to ethernet and have wi-fi turned off, because if i am connected via wifi, wi-fi stops working correctly (Windows Network Diagnostic blames my router), and the bluetooth connection is basically garbage quality sound, and i can tell its, for lack of a better discription, fighting between wifi and bluetooth signals.

I tested this by making laptop speakers and mic default in sound settings while XP-510's were still connected....everything cleared up, but as soon as i set the headset to default, signal dies.

Is this seriously just the band frequency? as i have tried this on 2 different routers, but not changed the frequencies, i just don't know. is there an easy way to fix this with a router that only has 2.4ghz, or is this a software/hardware issue in my computer? i haven't found any similar stories online, and if it was online, then Turtle Beach is keeping it under wraps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuleoAmadaeus

HuleoAmadaeus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

upon further experimentation, i connected the headset to my phone, and wifi signal is fine. even while talking on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users