Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Monitor Fault

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 motherwitch

motherwitch

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleoview X17-3 LCD monitor that has developed a line across the screen. Sometimes it is a bright sky blue colour with a bit of black showing through, other times it is a white line and sometimes a black line. On some other occassions there is also a very thin white line from the top of the screen to about a two thirds of the way down and is always in the middle of the screen. Does anybody know what is causing this and what can I do to rectify this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

I dont really know much about monitors, but you can try changing your monitor's refresh rate.

Right-click on desktop, goto Properties. Click on the Settings tab and then click Advanced. In the new window, goto the Monitor tab and see if you can change your Screen Refresh Rate.

Posted Image

#3 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

Your best bet would be to contact the product support at Fujitsu Siemens, particularly have a look at the dead pixel policy (which has to do with faults in the monitor). If the problem just started occuring for no reason, you may have justification to make a claim and get it repaired or replaced....
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#4 motherwitch

motherwitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:32 AM

Thank you both for your advice. I have downloaded a simple program to test for dead pixels and it would appear that is the problem. I don't understand why it has started though and Fujitsu Siemens are refusing to acknowledge that the problem exists. The monitor is still in warranty so it looks like I will have to battle with them. Do you know if there is a way to fix dead pixels or is it not worth it?

#5 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

Apparently fixing dead pixels is a real pain in the a$$, which is why they make their dead pixel policies so specific, because in all reality it will be cheaper to replace the screen. Looks like it's war time for you!
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#6 motherwitch

motherwitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for your help JP. Will be commencing battle forthwith. Wish me luck.

#7 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

Dead pixels is when the liquid in the tiny cells stops reacting to electrical current trying to stimulate it. (I think?) So replacing it would habe to be a pain in the @$$. I know my LCD has one dead pixel and one that changes colour depending on the colous it's sopposed to be. So when it's sopposed to be black, it goes red, and when it's sopposed to be white, it's blue.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users