Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Providing Feedback on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 10 Feedback (8 member(s) have cast votes)

How have you provided feedback (i.e. suggestions or bugs)?

1. In-built Feedback app (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Uservoice forum (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Insider forum (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Unofficial help/support forums (e.g. BleepingComputer) (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. I haven't (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

For those of you who have tried out the Windows 10 Technical Preview (either computer or phone), how have you reported your feedback or bugs/issues to Microsoft?

I'm genuinely interested as, despite the apparently large number of users downloading the preview, there doesn't seem to be much activity in the Insider forum.

I also wonder whether most people just download it and try it out for a bit without actually providing any feedback or reporting bugs.

What's been your experience?

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

Yah we try to ive feedback and report bugs.

They gonna collect the info anyway so I let it go after a while.

Then I threw in the towel and reverted back to 7.

Prolly keep 7 long after end-of-life.

We gettin hitched tomorrow...lol

#3 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Then I threw in the towel and reverted back to 7.

What made you revert? Did you have it installed on your main PC?

We gettin hitched tomorrow...lol

You and Windows 7? Lol.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

Yeah... I have several devices and installed to a laptop and on it's own drive on a desktop.

I like the user interface yet the OS is just way too buggy and less stable (IMO) with each build release.

Me and Windows 7 are now one again. lol (Hope she forgives my foolin' 'round with her little sister. :flowers:

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

For anyone who has the opportunity of providing feedback, please pass on what I have to say below:

"Please make sure Windows 10 can run programs (exe file programs, bat file "programs" and programs you install from an exe file) which worked on Windows xp, for those of us who use old programs(mainly 32 bit based I think), which I would add are able to run OK on 64 bit Windows 8 and 8.1 at present, please be helpful and ensure they can run in Windows 10 as well. I would not be surprised if, after a good hard think, most people would say the thing they want most from any new operating system is the ability to run everything they were running on older computers."

Edited by rp88, 30 April 2015 - 09:46 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 Dave46

Dave46

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Microsoft seems to be listening to the feedback from users. They have made several changes to the start menu since last fall. All the minor issues I've given feedback on have been corrected. My only real complaint is the VERY slow download of the last 3 builds ( 10049, 10061, 10074 ).They have all taken over 30 hours to download. The ISO for 10074 was released early and I should have tried that but I thought I would give the update process one more try.

The problems I had with Spartan were also corrected. 

Edited by Dave46, 01 May 2015 - 04:57 AM.

#7 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

"Please make sure Windows 10 can run programs (exe file programs, bat file "programs" and programs you install from an exe file) which worked on Windows xp, for those of us who use old programs(mainly 32 bit based I think), which I would add are able to run OK on 64 bit Windows 8 and 8.1 at present, please be helpful and ensure they can run in Windows 10 as well. I would not be surprised if, after a good hard think, most people would say the thing they want most from any new operating system is the ability to run everything they were running on older computers."

Nearly everything that runs on Windows 8 will run without issue on Windows 10 - unless the developer of the program has specified that it should not (i.e. the installer checks for a specific version of Windows).

#8 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

"...the installer checks for a specific version of Windows..." Old programs wouldn't check for windows 10 because they would have been coded before it even existed. I guess then that ,unless an old program has been coded to only run on whatever operating systems were around when it was released, it should work on 10.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#9 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

"...the installer checks for a specific version of Windows..." Old programs wouldn't check for windows 10 because they would have been coded before it even existed. I guess then that ,unless an old program has been coded to only run on whatever operating systems were around when it was released, it should work on 10.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :)

Some installers check that the OS meets the exact criteria because the developer doesn't want the program to run on newer OS versions (perhaps because they haven't tested the program yet). This is pretty uncommon these days (as far as I can tell) but did used to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users