Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

office 2007 on computer running windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grannyandy

grannyandy

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

I am having trouble with the outlook part of office 2007 on my computer. When I load it takes about 3 minutes to do it never did this before about 2 weeks ago. Also took some of my stuff off that I had in outlook. Not sure about how to go about fixing this problem. I have run the diagnostic part of the program but it says there is no problem. Something is really wrong and it is mind boggling to figure out. any help would be appreciated thank you 

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2015 - 03:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Bus Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

How big is your mailbox? 500MB? 1GB? Large mailbox files will create problems when Outlook loads.

Also, are you connecting Outlook to an Exchange server, Gmail, Outlook.com? What sort of mail server connection are you using? POP? IMAP?

#3 grannyandy

grannyandy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Sorry have not gotten back sooner been kind of busy. I am using POP I am bringing my mail into my computer. use to I never had to tell my computer it was safe now it asks every time if I want it to make changes to my hard drive. I leave my email opened because whenever I close it and come back it takes about a minute  or better to load then the same when I bring the mail in. not sure how much space it has in the mail box but I do not have a lot that I know of in my mail box. any help would be appreciated I am about ready to uninstall and reinstall but thinking about getting outlook as separate software so my word and excel will not be deleted. thank you again for reading my problem hopefully you can come up with a suggestion. Andrea

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

Try repairing your Outlook. Click on the start menu, go to Control Panel, click on Programs, then Programs and Features. Click once on Office (or Outlook, depending on how it is installed), and in the menu bar at the top click Change, then select Repair.

If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall it. It will save your mail profile, so you shouldn't lose any emails if you have to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users