Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Proliant 360D - Unknown RAID & No OpenManage Install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rybad

rybad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:04 PM

I have a Dell 360D server with 12 drives. One is amber (and I assume failing). I literally just started on this server and dont have any info on how the 12 drives are configured. I do not have any notes left from the previous admin regarding its configuration (at least I have no found any yet..). Dell OpenManage is not installed. This server runs SQL and is the lifeblood of this 24/7 operation, so scheduling downtime is going to be difficult, so I need to have my ducks in a row so I understand how long its going to take me to swap this failing drive.

Should I install OpenManage and use those tools to change the drive, or is this a BIOS thing on the Dell Servers (I dont have much experience with these). It has a Perc H700 series RAID controller.

Thanks in advance for any advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

Dell Does not make a 360D server do you mean HP Proliant 360D?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

If properly configured you don't have to do anything but swap our the failed drive.  Assuming there was a hot spare or spares configured [you didn't mention the raid level] you would need to get the raid utility installed so you can configure this drive as a hot spare.

BTW amber would be assumed as failed

You need the management software installed or you can do it via bootup and the raid controller bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users