Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adblock for Iphone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 msdhoni

msdhoni

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hay guy's, it is getting so frustrating when i brows my favourite site with my Iphone. All the sites i go to is covered with ads, banners and re-directing and can't even see the web page i log on to.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Adblock for Iphone 5S. I need to regain control over my phone.

I tried different browser, they only work good for awhile , Safari suck's so is Google

I am testing a new browser with built in adblock plus, and an adblock.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank's all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

I guess , nobody want's to touch this subject cause ads is a part of most people livelyhood. I hope someone do something about this soon because it's not fair to spend hundreds of dollars for a gadget and let it be controled by people we don't know.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

To my knowledge, there is not effective way to block adds with the built in browser (aka Safari). The only way that I believe you could do it with the Safari apps is if you where using some sort of proxy/VPN service where the ads are being blocked before they even get to your phone.

Beyond that, your best bet is some browser from the App Store that has some sort of ad blocking built into the browser. There appears to be at least one option (AdBlock Browser for iDevices), but I have not used it and have no clue how well it might work.

I cannot tell how the other app listed (AdBlock Mobile) works...whether it is another browser app or it is using some sort of proxy/VPN service (it seems the later, but I cannot tell for sure...if so, then you would just use Safari or some other "normal" browser such as Chrome).

Edited by smax013, 21 May 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#4 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

Thank you for the reply, i have been using the "Browser for idevice" premium versions. The problem with it is that it does not work with Wifi, only paid data usage which is no good when i am on the road. Settings in this browser is not helpfull, now everything is blocked and can't see nothing, and no reply from the developer.

#5 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hello you should try 1blocker,if not try,then read about it,I use it on my 4 IOS devices :bounce:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users