Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fmc dealer - cannot display pop ups

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ydelgado

ydelgado

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hi 

I need to use fmc dealer at home. I have installed all the programs that they have required and turned off the pop up blocker but I can't go any further in the site to display pop ups. For example, when I hold my cursor over "actions" a list of courses should display but it doesn't. I have Kaspersky Total Security, Malware bytes and have temporarily disconnected Kaspersky but still nothing. I have to use Internet Explorer. At work, I have no issues with this. What can I do?

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java, Flash and Media Player per their requirements.

Thanks,

Yvette

Q. What browser is recommended for viewing FMCDealer?
A. 
The preferred version at this time is IE 11:    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages.   Choose your appropriate language and operating system (windows version) and then download the installation. Alternately you can install it using Windows Update. If you already have IE 11 or higher installed, there is no need to upgrade at this time.

For a few applications, you may need to turn on Compatibility View to get the best results.

Chrome is the Ford approved Alternative Browser.  Use Chrome for Tablet applications.  https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Back to FAQ List

Q. Can I view FMCDealer in a browser other than Internet Explorer?
A.
 All Ford Motor Company systems are tested to at least Internet Explorer 8.0.   If you are experiencing issues, ensure you are using Internet Explorer 11.   For a few applications, you may need to turn on Compatibility View to get the best results with Internet Explorer.

Back to FAQ List

Q. How do I know what version of Internet Explorer is being used?
A. 
To determine the version of Internet Explorer, click on Help >> About Internet Explorer. You may need to tap the ALT key for the help menu to appear.

Back to FAQ List

Q. How do I turn off Pop-up Blockers?
A.
 Some applications and links on FMCDealer such as ACESII will cause a new browser window to open. If pop-up blockers are turned on, you will not be able to launch these applications.

To turn off pop-up blockers in Internet Explorer, go to Tools >> Pop-up Blocker >> Turn off Pop-up Blocker. You may have to press the ALT key for the tools menu to appear. If you do not wish to allow pop-up blockers on other web sites, select Pop-up Blocker Settings and enter *.dealerconnection.com as an allowed site.

Back to FAQ List

Q. I turned off Pop-Up Blockers but I still can't launch items that require a pop-up window.
A. 
Many web browser toolbars, such as Google Toolbar, have a pop-up blocker. Even if your pop-up blockers are turned off in your web browser, these add-on toolbars may still have pop-up blockers enabled, preventing the user from launching applications such as ACESII. When disabling pop-up blockers in your web browser, make sure pop-up blockers are disabled in any toolbars you may also have installed.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 27 April 2015 - 07:26 PM.
Moved to 'Web-browsing and other internet applications'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users