Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advance Anti-malware & Pro Antivirus 2015 by Cybertris

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 cybertris

cybertris

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

Cybertris is one of the fastest growing security technology companies that deliver absolute security solutions across the globe. We provide a range of security solutions to protect your business from malicious cyber threats.

Our security solutions include Advance Anti-Malware, Pro Antivirus 2015 and Sys Cleanup, to make your system secure against cyber attacks. It's a smart solution to enhance the business functionality with real-time network visibility.

You can Download-free-antivirus for 30 days Trial.

Regards

kathy Stewart

Internet Security Professional at Cybertris

Edited by hamluis, 16 June 2015 - 06:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Bold claims from a company that was only listed in October 2014.

Incorporation date 20/10/2014

A grossly overpriced suite that messes with the registry and "auto cleans" the system, yet another product "tuning and altering you OS"

No comparative tests or professional reviews ........

A website with many grammar and spelling errors

IE :  Prevent your logins and passwords from theft.

Experiance Cybertris Pro Antivirus

Cybertris offers best security suites 2015 ......... really ? Where is the proof ?

Your website makes the claim that Cybertris is a Global Security Leader yet Cybertris has only existed a few months and you have no clue how to promote the product or where to list it?

" how can i list my antivirus software for download on various sites? or is their any software listing sites through which i can submit my software product for free download? by cybertris in needadvice "
[–]cybertris[S] 1 point 4 days ago 

Sorry but I speak as I find and after 10 minutes on Google all I see is something very dubious.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

I would have someone proof-read your website. Already noticed a few grammar errors, starting by this one:

bzer5Pf.png

This is on both download pages, for the Antivirus and the Antimalware. Also, since I need an e-mail to download a trial, don't mind me using a 10MinuteMail account for it.

Some comments (I'll edit my post as I test the product):
  • According to your Antimalware installer name, it just got released: 1.0.0.1. So how can Cybertris be a "Global Leader" with a brand new product? Also, after installing the program, it says that it's version 1.0.0.0, not 1.0.0.1 like in the installer name
  • Your UI strangely looks like the one of avast!
    Lm4IikR.png
I currently launched a "Full Scan" with your product on an infected VM with Adwares, PUPs and Browser Hijackers. And ones that have been around for a while, which means that normally, if you are up to date with these threats. They should be detected. The VM have a 2 cores of a i5-3570k CPU and 4GB of RAM, so it have a pretty standard setup. I'll be checked the detection ratio and the scan time.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 12:03 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

I would have someone proof-read your website. Already noticed a few grammar errors, starting by this one:

bzer5Pf.png

This is on both download pages, for the Antivirus and the Antimalware. Also, since I need an e-mail to download a trial, don't mind me using a 10MinuteMail account for it.

What bothers me more are the claims made on the page.

I can't find a single person that has ever heard of this company.

The company has only existed for a @ 5 months yet they claim to be global leaders and have the " Best Suite 2015"   .......

Where was the testing cycle, what technology are they using ?

From the " totally silent protection" blurb it sounds like Bitdefender while the GUI looks like an Avast clone.    

Who in 5 months produces a working anti malware program ............ quite a feat.

Where are the facts?

Okay, I installed and tried the "Antimalware Program "  .  it is basically using freshclam .  You really should tell people that the .net framework is also needed to run this.

Even after registration there were several settings which are greyed out and unusable.

The GUI contains more mistakes.

Tested against several known batches of malware and the response was zero, nada, nothing. No detection of anything.

Best of all there is zero protection, no password control for settings, and the program can be shut down from within the network .

That is one hell of a price for a total waste of space.

Edited by Andrei_V, 25 April 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:59 PM

Full Scan took 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete. And it detected only ONE threat on a system fully infected with Adwares, Browser Hijackers, PUPs, etc. The kind of malware that are supposed to be detected by Antimalware programs.

kSdj7P6.png

For comparison purposes, I can run Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, JRT, etc. just let me know. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are NOT a "Global Leader" in the Antimalware market, that's for sure. I'm about to test your Antivirus product, but I don't have high expectations for it. Also, your product looks more like a scam than anything else right now.

Also, is it me or I can't change any "General" settings right now?

f9oB7dB.png

Tell me, I'm currently using Cybertris Antimalware without any activation key for the 30 days trial, yet I'm still able to update it and do scans with it. What is the trial for? The full version? Is it a full version that will give me the chance to modify normal settings like these below?

Oh? Would you look at that? I downloaded the Cybertris Pro Antivirus, received my download link via email and the download is the same as the Cybertris Antimalware.

mNxHbWl.png

Is it a glitch on your side, or is it what it is really? The Antivirus Pro and the Antimalware are the same product? Meanwhile, I'll test the Antimalware against more samples.

Also, I don't see any "Sys Cleanup" program on your website, nor feature in your product. What is it and where is it?

I just tested Cybertris Antimalware against 198 malware samples. The program only detected 3 of them.

QbLq0ap.png
kn3rfNQ.png

That's a detection ratio of 1.5%. I'm sorry, but your product is totally useless. If you tell me that your Antivirus isn't the same as the Antimalware and you can give me a download link for it, I'll happily test it for you.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 01:18 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

Also missing was the Windows Firewall Control which they show in the screenshots on the website.  

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Can you link me it? I don't see it. Also:

Cybertris is the leading company in the security technology licensing market with more than 100 integrated solutions. Be an OEM partner with us and benefit from our world class security technology.

Source: http://www.cybertris.com/partners

More than 100 integrated solutions? Which are? Right now, I only see two products that appears to be in the end, the same one. The more and more I look at your website and product, the more it screams "Fraud" and "Scam" to me.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 01:21 PM.

unite_blue.png

#8 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

http://www.cybertris.com/advance-anti-malware  scroll down for screen shots.

Cybertris.png

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Is this supposed to be the program GUI? Because it doesn't look like that at all. Does it looks like that for you? Cybertris protects more than 220 millions people, businesses, and mobile devices, yet I never heard of it, the product seems to be on version 1.0.0.0 (or 1.0.0.1) and not even a year old? It's screaming "scam" louder and louder now. I'm honestly waiting for explanations on all this, on every questions you and me asked so far.

unite_blue.png

#10 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Is this supposed to be the program GUI? Because it doesn't look like that at all. Does it looks like that for you? Cybertris protects more than 220 millions people, businesses, and mobile devices, yet I never heard of it, the product seems to be on version 1.0.0.0 (or 1.0.0.1) and not even a year old? It's screaming "scam" louder and louder now. I'm honestly waiting for explanations on all this, on every questions you and me asked so far.

The company was registered in the UK in October 2014 ............. how did they get even 100,000 users in that time?

The product is useless , it fails to protect, detect or do anything and it can't even defend itself.

The GUI is not as per screenshots.

The features quoted are not there.

There are links for Home, Business and Enterprise versions ......... the images and descriptions are identical.

ClamAv is hardly ground breaking antimalware as described on the website.

The site and GUI offer a toll free number for support to help with malware problems , is this a call us and we charge you to ruin your PC scheme?

Also , the email that arrives breaks UK/EU law, there is no UNSUBSCRIBE link provided.

#11 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

That screenshot proves this is a rip off.

Take a look at where the quote came from   https://www.avast.com/en-gb/index      The orange box and text are ripped off from the avast GUI.

Is it me or is this a clone of the MBam GUI?

what.png

Edited by Andrei_V, 25 April 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

There's also not a single article about them. Their CrunchBase is pratically empty despite Kathy here openly disclosing her name and position. The "toll free support number" like you said is commonly used in product scams so it's highly suspicious. They also seems to advertise a product called "ANTI VIRUS TOTAL PRODUCTION 2015", but I cannot find any information whatsoever on them. There's a "Login" page, but no way to register. And I doubt you can login when you give your email address to download one of their program since they give no passwords at all.

On top of all this, there's the "Why Us" page.

"Bank in a SafeZone: Safety zone isolates your banking to provide you a complete secure place to bank, pay bills and shop online. The Pro Antivirus really protect your privacy and identity."

There's no "SafeZone" feature at all on the program. I cannot find it.

"Fast Scanning Engine: Only a few seconds are needed to perform complete system scan to detect Virus, Spyware and Malware presence."

False. It took an hour and 40 minutes to run a full scan on an average spec'd system.

"Cut out spam: Just know which emails are spam before you open them and avoid getting taken by a phishing attack."

Coming from a company to ask for your email address to download a trial version of their program, and offers no unsubcribe option like Andrei mentionned, I doubt.

"Light Weight and Powerful: Does not slow downs your personal computer as it uses minimal resource that improves speed & stability of your PC and speeds up your system boot time."

There's no options whatsoever to optimize the boot time, so I don't see how's that possible.

"Stay safe behind a firewall: Use our secure personal firewall to shield your operating system, software, and hardware from hackers."

The Action Center reports that my Windows Firewall is in use, not theirs. I don't see any Firewall option as well.

"Creates System Restore Points: Pro Antivirus software creates an automatic System Restore point from where you can restore the system."

Why? You can do that by yourself, plus Windows natively creates System Restore points on some programs installation and on Windows Updates install.

"Email support: Avail email support, or you can move to toll-free phone support for an even faster response."

Didn't test that, but I won't risk to get scammed and pay tons of telephone fees for it either.

"Good Detection Rate: Pro Antivirus Security scanner will be able to detect numerous types of viruses not only in compressed form but also in the uncompressed form."

The fact that the program detected 3 infected samples on 198 files says it's a lie.

"24 X 7 support: Our Motto is to secure our end users. Hence, We are available round the clock to provide you the best and outstanding support."

How? There's no online chat feature on the website as well.

"Reduces error message and crashes: Cleans and optimize your Windows registry by removing the old and damaged data that is slowing down your system performance."

Common lie used by "PC Booster" programs to sell. We all know Registry Cleaners are dangerous and useless and that there's not a single program on this Earth that can fix every issues with one click on a button.

"Easy to Configure: Easier to use and fairly understandable and configurable even by novices and non-technical users. Silent and smooth operation."

I doubt that, since I cannot even change the General settings of the product myself.

"Special protection: Ability to detect and clean viruses quickly even the latest ones."

Another lie. Most of the samples I tested the product against were: new, not that new and old. No detections whatsoever on them.

Source of these affirmations: http://www.cybertris.com/why-us

Sorry about the ugly quotation format, but apparently I cannot use that many quote tags in one reply.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 02:33 PM.

unite_blue.png

#13 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

I am an old fart )) , been around a long time, I know people around the PC repair and security world.  I know guys that are members of Unite.  I have asked around 30+ people/companies and they all say the same ............ " Who" ......... "What company"   "Never heard of it".

If they are a Global Leader why is the "Expert" Kathy asking how to link and promote the product.  Any professional company would have that knowledge and the staff to do the job, not going around making ridiculous claims about the company and product via link stuffing.

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Plus that they would probably have a "Marketing" department that would be handling all of this. It still takes guts to come on BleepingComputer and advertise that type of scam, but it's not going to work at all here.

unite_blue.png

#15 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Look on Google, they are trying it on other sites.

The "Toll Free Number" is redirected to another country, the telephone exchanged answered with a recorded message in an American accent, " the party is not answering, goodbye".

In the UK it is not " Toll Free", it is called a Free Phone Number. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users