Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor Speed stuck!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 uman

uman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

I own a Dell latitude D600. I run XP on it. Two weeks back my hard drive (40 Gb) crashed. I replaced it with 80 Gb. After that my processor speed is quite damn low. It's supposed to be 1.6 GHz but it's stuck at 600 MHz. And now my laptop is running like a slug.

I have no idea what's wrong :(

Please help!!! :'(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hello uman:

We will request a Moderator/Administrator close this topic in favor of one of the two identical topics you've opened in the Internal Hardware sub-forum.

Thank you.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

I will leave this one open since it is the first post and removed the duplicate posts. In the future please just report the duplicate posts so we can take care of them. :) I will move this to internal hardware as well.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#4 1PW

1PW

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Hello uman:

Thank you @computerxpds

@uman: Please read: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/ and then publish your Speccy URL in a reply to this thread.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW, 25 April 2015 - 07:07 AM.

All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

... it's stuck at 600 MHz.

Hi,

Check that Windows or other software has not changed power scheme to battery saver/low power consumtion or the like.

Thanks

#6 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

Check the BIOS, some computers allow you to change the bus speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users