Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what OS am i using?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 johnson_123

johnson_123

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

my pc showing windows 7 ultimate 32 bit in my computer<properties, but dont know whether it is service pack 1 or 2? 
Attached File  Capture.JPG   57.17KB   0 downloads

so i am confused, what OS am i using?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hi again johnson :)

You don't have the SP1 installed. If you did, it would have "Service Pack 1" in a line after the Copyright. You can install the SP1 via your Windows Updates.

rONW46K.pngCheck for Windows Updates
Follow the instructions below to check for available Windows Updates and install them:
  • Click on the Windows Start Menu and select Control Panel;
  • From there, click on System and Security and select Windows Updates;
  • Click on the Check for updates button in the left-pane;
  • Wait for the scan to complete and see which updates are found, Recommended Updates and Recommended Updates (or Optional Updates);
  • Click on X Important Updates (X being the number of updates being found) and make sure that they are all checked;
  • Install every Important Updates found and restart your computer once it's done;
Simply repeat these instructions until no more Windows Updates are found.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 12:53 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Andrei_V

Andrei_V

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

There was no service pack 2 for Win7

#4 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:55 AM

if i want to repair the system files or start up repair,  can i use windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 DVD to repair my windows 7 ultimate or not? 

Edited by johnson_123, 25 April 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

No. You will need the Service Pack 1 installed on your Windows in order to be able to do that. You can simply install it via the Windows Updates, following the instructions I posted above.

Edited by Aura., 25 April 2015 - 12:56 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

both are same types of  windows 7 ultimate versions. then why not possible? 

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Because the CD you have contains Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, while you only have Windows 7 Ultimate. Since the SP1 isn't present on your system, you cannot use a DVD that have the SP1 on it to do a Recovery. You need to install the SP1 on your system first before doing that.

unite_blue.png

#8 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

thank you for your very valuable information.  :love4u:

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

No problem johnson, my pleasure :)

unite_blue.png

#10 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

i have windows 7 ultimate SP1 iso file, how to fix the windows 7 ultimate os with my iso?

i will burn the iso file to DVD now. before doing this what should i do? i heard Windows 7 ISO Image Edition Switcher, will it work for changing sp1 to normal one?

please tell. :(

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:45 AM

First of all, did you install every Windows Updates like I instructed you to do? The SP1 requires prerequisites in order to be installed and if it doesn't have them, the installation will fail.

On a side note, you can simply virtually mount the .iso to use it. DEAMON Tools Lite can do that for you.

unite_blue.png

#12 johnson_123

johnson_123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:49 AM

what is that side note, explain clearly, can i update to SP1 using iso file without internet? 

is this thing are you trying to tell me? 

Edited by johnson_123, 25 April 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#13 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

what is that side note, explain clearly, can i update to SP1 using iso file without internet? 
is this thing are you trying to tell me?

What Aura meant by his side note is that you can mount the Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 .iso file as a virtual drive instead of burning it to a DVD, saves time.

You can see here on how to install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. I recommend that you check for Windows Update, install all of the available updates and then install Service Pack 1.

Regards,
Alex

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Exactly what Alex said. Also, if you follow my instructions above and install the Windows Updates, you'll install the SP1 automatically at one point from there.

unite_blue.png

#15 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hi,

can i update to SP1 using iso file without internet? 

Sort of. If you run the windows setup on the ISO inside Windows it will give you the option to upgrade.

In the end of installation you will get Windows refreshed and updated with SP1, but before starting this make sure you read about this process called Repair Install.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users