Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

headset microphone works but not in games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

hey guys i have just recently moved from console gaming to pc gaming, and i love it so much, but my headset microphone wont work in game. i have connected it to my pc correctly, and i have configured it and everything. i read the sentence it told me to read, and everything went as planned while i was configuring it, but then when i try to talk in one of my games it wont pick up my voice so i checked the chat settings, and it is only detecting the internal microphone on my laptop. there is a button to scroll to the next device that is available for audio input, but it is light gray and i cant click it to use my headset microphone.

Edited by TgxLEGENDz, 25 April 2015 - 12:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

Well you make it really difficult to help you.  You do not provide the Headset Brand or how you are connecting it to the computer USB/RCA/Bluetooth/wireless/???

You do not provide the operating system or the game your using ... have you tried it with teamspeak or mumble or ventrilo?

Have you tested the mic/headset in the sound options? If it works with teamspeak or vent then I suspect the game is not compatible with the device.  You may also simply need to reboot the computer.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 27 April 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#3 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

i am using turtle beach x12's, and i am running on windows 10 technical preview, which i know isnt the greatest idea, but i like it alot better than windows 8. the gam it isnt working on is Grand Theft Auto V. The mic works fine in the mic/headset sound options. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users