Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SpyHunter Found 1251 Threats on my Computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Anie

Anie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Since I've been having browser re-direction issues and lots of popups, I figured I would install 

something that had been recommended to uninstall WSE Taplika.  I found WSE Taplika in 

my Control Panel > Program and Features.

I uninstalled WSE Taplika, but noticed that SpyHunter found some other hidden files of

WSE Taplika.

I found some issues when I went to register and purchase SpyHunter.

At the registration site, it's marked as costing 29.99 but then the total 

comes to 39.99 yet I don't see where that's coming from.

I've noticed here that folks are saying beware of SpyHunter.

I tried another anti-malware software feature called SuperAnti-Spyware Remover but

it found no where near what SpyHunter found.

Is there a free anti-malware remover better than SpyHunter?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anie

Anie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

Thanks you, quietman or is it Bleepin Janitor.

I don't mind removing SpyHunter but can you tell me of a Malware Remover that does a better job of finding threats?

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Quietman, other sources reported:  another feature tagging along with SpyHunter was Zip[something], which is something nobody should have done to them.

I can't verify because the short time I had SpyHunter, I did not have any Zip[whatever] along with it.

Anie, I too recommend MBAM and/or SpyBlaster and.or SUPERAntispyware.  Another source once indicated:  a well-balanced, well-configured, multi-layered defense is best.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

"...Note that many users or Spyhunter are not aware that when purchasing SpyHunter, they have "agreed to a subscription service with an automatic renewal policy" ..."  -- Noknojon

This renewal policy, if announced openly and honestly, is not a bad thing imo.  Comodo has it, Avast has it, SUPERAntispyware probably can arrange it for anyone wanting it.

Edited by RolandJS, 24 April 2015 - 10:49 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

Wow, what an outstanding job of posting all that great information for the OP to correct their problem .   Won't find service like this anywhere .   

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

quietman, I have both MBAMpro and EmsisoftAM[pay-for].  After reading several reviews, I have only Emsisoft's real time shields fully on; both Emsisoft and MB run non-overlapping scheduled scans.  Perhaps OP can likewise use both, or, download, payfor, set to suit  :)

#7 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

I may have missed it but it doesn't seem like the OP has a full time AV ,   i would also highly recommend the OP use the programs recommended because they are both superb , you won't find better imo .

Safe surfing practices and those two programs should keep you out of trouble , no question.

Emsisoft is worth the price and Mbam Pro is $24.95 a year unless you can get your hands on a lifetime license (which i heard is still available but not for long) , the free version is fine if you can remember to use it correctly.

Edited by herbman, 25 April 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#8 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

quietman, I have both MBAMpro and EmsisoftAM[pay-for].  After reading several reviews, I have only Emsisoft's real time shields fully on; both Emsisoft and MB run non-overlapping scheduled scans.  Perhaps OP can likewise use both, or, download, payfor, set to suit   :)

Roland, there is nothing wrong in using MBAM Premium and Emsisoft at the same time. At most maybe add exclusions for each other, and you are fine.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

quietman, I have both MBAMpro and EmsisoftAM[pay-for].  After reading several reviews, I have only Emsisoft's real time shields fully on; both Emsisoft and MB run non-overlapping scheduled scans.  Perhaps OP can likewise use both, or, download, payfor, set to suit   :)

Scheduled scans can be changed so they do not run at the same time. I like Alex, use both.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users