Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gaming lag

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bob223

bob223

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

hi there ill start off by saying I hate my computer has been nothing but problems since I bought it , but I paid for it so im going to get it to work , windows is probley the culprit of most of my problems rather than the computer here the specs

hp envy m6 sleekbook

amd A10-5745m APU w radeon hd graphics 2.10ghz

6.00 gb ram

250 gb ssd

so about  3 months ago my hardive crashed and couldn't get it to boot windows , so I bought a Samsung ssd and was going to reinstall windows well I didn't know about the embed bios key in windows 8 , so I tried the freezer trick for the drive and it worked long enough for me to clone the drive to my new ssd and it was good and then booted up and windows automatically downloaded some updates , I guess  it turned windows automatic update back on ,and before all this happened it played games great I played wow for 6 months and never lagged or anything, anyways ever since that day when I play games my laptop it lags as in what I see on the screen and already happened 1 second before and sometimes my internet says limited , or ill get disconnected from internet , my computer boots up fast and internet is super fast when its working and my fps on games are low 20s 15 on medium , 20 30 on very low

im just confused what caused this lag,  my internet ,those updates, or the new ssd , I appreciate any help u give and keep in mind im not very computer savvy , so what I ve done so far is updated to windows 8.1 that did nothing , ive cleaned my temp folder, ive tried plugging directly into my wifi router and still lag, then I plugged directly to modem and it worked great for like 10 minutes then went back to lagging , im so confused , also when I play games the ram is at like 90% , even at idle the ram is 25% , the game im playing mostly right now is h1z1 and I know it has a lot of bugs but before all this happened it played fine on my laptop, ,any suggestions, also updated graphics drivers

also I have some more questions

feel free to only answer the top one

in your opinion is this laptop capable of gaming?

I got my windows key from rweverything , is this legit

someone told me the keys are fake they give u?

how long is a windows 8 key?

can I reinstall windows from online then boot with the key I have?

how do I know if lag is from pc or internet?

should I optimize my ssd for , performance, reliability,or capacity

my laptop overeats when gaming unless I prop it up, is there any other solutions

also my screen does this weird refresh thing were the screen goes black and closes all programs and puts me back at desktop?

thanku , sorry for my ignorance when asking these questions just not my field.

Edited by bob223, 24 April 2015 - 08:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

Welcome,

I don't have all of your answers but I'll try to give you a few of them

can a laptop game - it can but you have to be careful of the heat generated. A cooling pad would be a recommendation. Keeping the fan inlets and outlets clear and clean would also be recommended.

If I'm reading correctly the program reads your installed key. Windows keys are five groups of five characters - both letters and numbers are used.

I'm going to pass on the balance of the questions and let the real experts comment.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users