Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer acting funky

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shadowk8

shadowk8

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

Hey guys like the title says my computers been acting a little funky the past couple days with explorer.exe crashing along with chrome. Figured id stop by and see if guys dont mind helping me out to see if anythings up. At the moment im running x64 8.1, and have scanned with mbam, tdsskiller, avast, and roguekiller which did pop up with a zero access processed it killed, but i wasn't able to see what the process actually was since it was out of date and closed it. And after the update i nvr saw it kill that process again even tried restarting the computer.  Thats pretty much why im posting now cus i know zero access is a nasty rootkit if i have it. Would be a bit weird tho since nothing else like tdsskiller or mbam anti-rootkit didnt pop up with anything.

Any help would be great, dont mind rescanning for log also.

Colin

Edited by shadowk8, 24 April 2015 - 05:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

You may have remnants of the infection, you need to keep help with advanced tools.

Follow the instructions in the link below, post a new thread in the virus removal forum. Make sure and post the FRST and Addition.txt logs and do not bump your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Helpers look for threads with zero post....

I would title it possible zero access to grab attention. :)

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 25 April 2015 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users