Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Battery Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hi, My name is Spencer and i have a Acer Laptop. Now for a year now, my computer would randomly blue screen. not often though. friends told me it was a power failure. But now i am experiencing other problems. Sometimes there would be an X through my battery icon, and it saying "consider replacing your battery". My computer also is been very slow. And when i set it down on a table sometimes it would just shut off. I think my battery is loose or broken. what do you think? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Loose connection possible.  Power cord firmly plugged into power brick?  Is there a power-cord "s-t-r-e-t-c-h" from outlet to laptop, maybe causing so-so connection?

Edited by RolandJS, 24 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

No, everything seems fine fine with the power cable. everything is plugged in nicely. even if it wasn't, i think it's with my battery since the error says it's something wrong with my battery and my laptop can stay on when unlugged from outlet.

Edited by FU5R0D4H, 24 April 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

Test what?

My internet blew away my earlier comment, so I sent "test," and it worked, so I quickly re-wrote the original comment/question set.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Loose connection possible.  Power cord firmly plugged into power brick?  Is there a power-cord "s-t-r-e-t-c-h" from outlet to laptop, maybe causing so-so connection?

No, everything seems fine fine with the power cable. everything is plugged in nicely. even if it wasn't, i think it's with my battery since the error says it's something wrong with my battery and my laptop can stay on when unlugged from outlet.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

Are you seeing the error when you turn on/restart your laptop?

My HP laptop, when turned on/restarted, currently gives me a battery alert which says

"HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance this battery may need to be replaced

Primary (Internal) Battery (601)".

If you get the same or similar then it is your battery and you need to replace it if you do not want to be tied to the power cord.

For me it isn't a big deal since I generally have always used the power cord. I will eventually buy a new battery but it is not a priority for me right now.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 April 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#7 FU5R0D4H

FU5R0D4H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Are you seeing the error when you turn on/restart your laptop?

My HP laptop, when turned on/restarted, currently gives me a battery alert which says

"HP Battery Alert

The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance this battery may need to be replaced

Primary (Internal) Battery (601)".

If you get the same or similar then it is your battery and you need to replace it if you do not want to be tied to the power cord.

For me it isn't a big deal since I generally have always used the power cord. I will eventually buy a new battery but it is not a priority for me right now.

The "Consider Replacing Your Battery" with the X through my battery icon error only happens occasionally, and when it does, it usually lasts a day to a few hours and i can still use my computer as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users