Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Restarts When Gaming For No Reason

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SKULL

SKULL

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

So had this Pc for just over a year now , no issues with it apart from it just restarts the PC every now and then when playing games like WoW , GTA 5 as of late.

My PC Specs

MOBO : Asus Z87-K USB3.0 Motherboard
CPU : Intel Haswell i7 4770k 4.3GHz Overclocked - Come Overclocked
CPU Fan : Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 Silent Heatpipe
MEMORY : 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600MHz
POWER SUPPLY : Corsair CX750M - 750 WATT
VIDEO CARD : Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5
HDDs/Optical drives : 1tb Sata Hard Drive
O/S : Win 7 64bit

5 x Corsair Case Fans

I have never seen my CPU go over 43c why playing any games on extreme settings, My Pc can play all new games on highest graphics without lag or issues , only issue is the PC restarts like as if its overheating but its not what is kinda strange , never get a blue screen just restarts without warning.

Would like to get to the bottom of what the issue is as its starting to do my head in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Usually it isn't the computer that over heats while playing games but the video card.  Nvidia has a game start console, try running your games at slightly lower settings.  If this resolves the problem most likely the video card itself is getting too hot.  Maybe check it for dust and make sure the fans are running properly.

#3 Malavio

Malavio

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

Also what is your cooling arrangement in your tower?

#4 SKULL

SKULL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

Usually it isn't the computer that over heats while playing games but the video card.  Nvidia has a game start console, try running your games at slightly lower settings.  If this resolves the problem most likely the video card itself is getting too hot.  Maybe check it for dust and make sure the fans are running properly.

Is there a programe to just monitor my video card , so i can see if its overheating or not?

Also what are the steps of the Nividia game console?

Also what is your cooling arrangement in your tower?

My Tower has x2 on the top of the tower, 2x on the side panel , 1x on the front panel, 1x on the back panel

jD6fwNl.jpg

#5 SKULL

SKULL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Video Card Temp

This is the highest i seen it go since i been monitoring the GPU Temp

Is this Normal?

dUnLgjz.png

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

75 degrees is not horrible.

If you want you want to see if we can diagnose the BSODs, we just opened a Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support Forum if you are still having BSOD issues.

Please see this topic when creating your support request:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#7 SKULL

SKULL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

If you want you want to see if we can diagnose the BSODs, we just opened a Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support Forum if you are still having BSOD issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

This thread is about a month old , i forgot all about it as i did not realy get much help on the matter, anyways since then..

I have thought to two things that could be the issue.

So i have exchanged my video card due to it be under 3 years warranty , as looking up from where i got it from on Amazon the GTX 770 has had a lot of comments on faults, so EVGA are replaceing it for a GTX 970 at no cost, apart from shipping.

If the PC still have issue after that i will replace the Power Supply.

Only two things i can think of that is doing this issue Video Card or Power Supply if its none of them then i will be back to trying to work out what else it can be.

#8 SmOoV_1

SmOoV_1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

•  

This thread is about a month old , i forgot all about it as i did not realy get much help on the matter, anyways since then..

I have thought to two things that could be the issue.

So i have exchanged my video card due to it be under 3 years warranty , as looking up from where i got it from on Amazon the GTX 770 has had a lot of comments on faults, so EVGA are replaceing it for a GTX 970 at no cost, apart from shipping.

If the PC still have issue after that i will replace the Power Supply.

Only two things i can think of that is doing this issue Video Card or Power Supply if its none of them then i will be back to trying to work out what else it can be.

• I am having the exact same issue ...GTA5 as well...however I went back and played BF4 today and it does the same thing when I try to play that game.  I have no idea whats happening.  I have checked my temps and they look decent.....I took a air compressor to my pc to ensure no dust...I was thinking of reapplying thermal compound, but than decided that was a dumb idea...I am at the same conclusion  video card since its only happening when playing 3D games...or its the dang PSU.  I know my PSU is not that old like maybe two years old...my video card is a 590gtx EVGA with a lifetime warranty...not sure what that gets me, But I am thinking RMA...I guess that's why I am replying...did the video card swap fix your issue?  or was it the PSU?...

#9 SKULL

SKULL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

• I am having the exact same issue ...GTA5 as well...however I went back and played BF4 today and it does the same thing when I try to play that game.  I have no idea whats happening.  I have checked my temps and they look decent.....I took a air compressor to my pc to ensure no dust...I was thinking of reapplying thermal compound, but than decided that was a dumb idea...I am at the same conclusion  video card since its only happening when playing 3D games...or its the dang PSU.  I know my PSU is not that old like maybe two years old...my video card is a 590gtx EVGA with a lifetime warranty...not sure what that gets me, But I am thinking RMA...I guess that's why I am replying...did the video card swap fix your issue?  or was it the PSU?...

Well its been a few weeks since i RMA my video card what was the GTX 770 SC , They first sent me a GTX 960 what was wrong as its worse than the GTX 770 , I had to pay shipping to send it back , They then sent me a GTX 970 SSC what seem to have a fault rippleing when playing games , So i have sent that back what again cost me shipping , So £50 on shipping as of the moment and im still in the same boat , i have gone back to my GTX 770 as of the moment , not had time to see if issues is still the same , but im canceling the RMA with Evga for the time being as they ow me £50 and the £260 i sent for Advanced RMA so i want to get that back first , after that im going to buy a new PSU i think as i have a feeling its a PSU issue.

Now my advice to you would be to first get a new PSU mine is only about a year old but i hear that a lot of Corair PSU's the one i got is not that great,

So at the moment its trial and error to fix this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users