Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Febe add-on ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sportman13

sportman13

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

I tryed to backup to my external drive the adds on json passwords and other things when I did all I got was a empty folder in external drive what did I do wrong

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

Have you asked about Febe at their forum?

Checking one comment and answer at the Firefox download page for Febe......

FEBE 8.6 only works for Firefox v36 and above. You need an older version (8.3) for Firefox 35

And there was this.....

Important: If you are upgrading from a previous FEBE major version or upgrading from a older Firefox version, you should clear your previous settings. Go to Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced > Clear FEBE preferences.

*** NOTE: If you are getting a "Query canceled or aborted!" message or having other problems, please let me know in the support forum. In the meantime, you can install FEBE v8.5.2.

*** Note: If you are having problems restoring full profiles (nothing happens when you click the 'Restore' button), it may be due to the new FEBE profile backup naming conventions. See this post for a solution.

You can backup your entire Firefox profile without using an add-on. See info at Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles | Firefox Help

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

BC Advisor I have Firefox 37.0.2 confused what version of Febe do I use can I backup to my external drive the adds on json passwords and other things when I did all I got was a empty folder in external please take me step by step to backup in a folder to my external drive

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

I would love to do that....give you instructions for using Febe. But can't simply because I've never used it. I do backup once in a blue moon my Firefox profile.

I gave you the link on how to do that without using Febe.

From viewing the comments I think your best chance of using Febe, if it even works in the latest Firefox, is to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version. Which

looks like FEBE v8.5.2.

Did you select what you want Febe to backup?

137504.png?modified=1402525048

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

buddy215 what I read in your link am going to do Selective - Backup only those items checked under "Backup items", "Additional items" and "User-defined backups". let me try it and get back to you

#6 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

buddy215

Did you select what I want Febe to backup Selective - Backup only those items checked under "Backup items", "Additional items" and "User-defined backups What is "User-defined backups am not good with computers not do you know if this will go in a folder on my drive ?

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Just choose Full Profile. That will backup the entire list of items on the right. Then click on the tab Where To Backup. Then you choose the folder on your external drive.

I copied an example of the Febe user interface as seen on the download page at Firefox.

#8 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

buddy215 confused I did Selective should I switch to choose Full Profile I thought you could not Restore using Full Profile ?

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

Think about it....there would be no point in having the option to backup the Full Profile if you couldn't use it to restore.

#10 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

buddy215 confused I did Selective after I did  it should I switch to choose Full Profile and backup ?

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:22 PM

Up to you....you could do both....or either

#12 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

. .

buddy215 I  choose the drive and a folder on my external drive.

I copied an example of the Febe user interface as seen on the download page at Firefox. ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users