Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer says "The Proxy Server Isn't responding" and settings locked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MM444

MM444

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

Hi everyone,

Here is my issue, my computer is functioning ok except for internet explorer. I am able to google and search things but when I try to enter a number of different sites (such as the malwarebytes download page) I receive a message that says "the proxy server isn't responding." "Check your proxy settings 127.0.0.1:8877." When I go into internet options --> Connections----> Lan Settings, the "user proxy server for your lan" is checked and greyed out. I have run malwarebytes which did not fix the issue. Someone mentioned checking a proxy setting in regedit which was set to 1, when I change it to 0 as I was recommended, It did not fix the issue and simply reverted to 1. Im not sure if that is relevant at all but this issue is quite frustrating and any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Edited by jntkwx, 27 April 2015 - 01:50 PM.

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users