Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamo

jamo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:27 AM

hi! guys, am having a problem with my computer , everytime i try installing, my hp 3650 printer ,it gives me an error " the device that you connected is not recognised by windows".i have win xp sp2,the machine is a pentium 4 2.5 ghz pc chips/128mb ram.i have tried installing vIA USB 2.0 the drivers but same error.if i connect the printer to another machine its workingOKAY.what do i ?i need to print. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:08 AM

Is this an addon card?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

Did you install the software and wait until it told you to plug in the printer?

Printers are the most annoying things when they don't work!

Sometimes, there are problems with stacked printer installs and leftovers in the registry from previous printers. You'd think that HP had the concept of printer software under control by now, but they still have a way to go.

Make sure that you check the HP support site and if you can't find anything useful, you can always use their free email support. I've gone that route a number of times and it can be frustrating because they keep trading techs and they'll tell you to do the things you've already done, but they do keep at it and eventually might come up with a solution, such as a patch.

Another idea is to check the HP site for a software/driver download - sometimes the ones online are newer than what came with the printer and will work better.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

I have had good luck deleting the USB bus from the Device Manger and allowing Windows to reinstall the Bus and drivers at reboot. If the USB ports are onboard make sure you have you motherboard CD when you reboot. You may be prompted to provide it.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 jamo

jamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:19 AM

thanks guyz,it worked
:thumbsup:
I had good luck deleting the USB bus from the Device Manger and allowing Windows to reinstall the Bus and drivers at reboot.
then i reinstalled all the drivers againfor the USB ports are onboard.after rebooting it detected the printer.
PROBLEM SOLVED , BUT WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH VIA M.BOARDS, THAT ICANT UNDERSTAND!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users