Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 replaces natural name entered in "To," with just email address

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nunzio2

Nunzio2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

MS Windows 7 Pro

MS Outlook 2007

After sending an email and checking the “Sent Items” folder, the To line of the email, I see Outlook just shows the addressee’s email address but not the natural name, as I input it.

Example:  I enter the natural name in the To line as “Joe,” at that point, a pop-up menu opens up with all the “Joes” I’ve previously sent emails to.  I select the correct one – Joe Smith <pookybuns@yahoo.com> – and Outlook enters the name as “Joe Smith,” without the email address behind the name.

Later, after sending, a check of the “Sent Items” shows the natural name, “Joe Smith,” was dropped and replaced by pookybuns@yahoo.com.

Outlook was originally set up to retain the natural name in the To line and recently the program just arbitrarily changed itself.  I’ve checked everywhere in the program in an attempt to correct it, to no avail.

We send hundreds of client emails a month and need to sort by name, not email address.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users