Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Error Message.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dittybop

dittybop

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

I engaged the Microsoft chat service to fix system restore. I can't create a restore point. I tried sfc; chkdsk with /f; Microsoft virus scan; group policy; and a lot other solutions. Microsoft said they would fix the problem for $99.00. I think the error message pertains to a Visual Studio or VB application. My C# and C++ are kind of rusty, but if thats what it takes, so be it. Can anyone make sense of the error message? The only alternative is to pay the $99.00.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hi dittybop :)

From what I can see, you're trying to use System Restore Manager v2.0 to do a "System Restore". This isn't the built-in feature of Windows. Did you try using the built-in feature of Windows instead and see if it works? The issue right now is the program that you're using to create the Restore Point, not the System Restore service itself.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

dittybop, my System Restore Manager from Windows Club works ok; where did your SRMv2 come from?  I was going to parallel test and report back, however, I noticed your SRMv2 doesn't look at all like the one I have.  

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users