Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

old accounts unusable/access denied in many folders/permissions issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 roshrrr

roshrrr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hi all,

I had a trjoan 2/3 weeks ago, avast detected it, but I don't know whether it removed/quarantined or what.

I have messed my security settings, took over C drive ownership few months back. now I have lots of repeated folders under my C drive like, local settings, my doc, my pictures, my music, my videos and, as I try open them gives me access denied.

However these are old folders I don't use, which belonged to my old user name. where the laptop had different pc name, different user name, different password.

I had 3 factory restores via F8, and have no external  back up. Laptop use 3 years. bought new from Currys - homepremium win 7 - sony vaio nw26m.

I ran ComboFix but have no idea on what to do next. I have deleted some registry keys as I felt Google chrome was infected. then re-downloaded chrome, after deleting all keys for chrome. and deleted some keys under HKLM & HKeyusers from 3rd party software.  

I read that kanji_1.uce is harmful and found it located under C , so I deleted that too. I am really exhausted with this laptop.

Would appreciate that someone could TRULLY help me.

I have the log for combofix, which I ran 2x. But I read I am not to post it here. I don't know whether I am still infected, and cannot access many folders. Have desktop.ini 2x in my desktop, and listed together under Users too.

I now HAVE QOOBOX FOLDER UNDER C DRIVE, DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT, OR WITH THE QUARENTINE FOLDER. I RAN COMBOFIX TWICE BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME IT DOWNLOADED TO THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER, AND I REALIZED THAT IT SHOULD HAVE DOWNLOADED TO DESKTOP. SO I RE-DOWNLOADED AND RE-RAN IT.

LAPTOP IS GETTING WORSE BY THE MINUTE. LOAD TIME FOR PAGES IS ABOUT 2 MINUTES TO FULLY OPEN A SITE, INCLUDING THIS ONE. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

ROSHrrr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 roshrrr

roshrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:24 AM

I have been CLOSELLY MONITORING THE VIRUS FORUM AND NOTED THAT MODERATORS ARE PICKING UP NEWER POSTS THEN MINE. And mine has been deliberately ignored. I still have the problem but I don't think I would like to be helped by you anymore. I am new here and have no posts at all and don't think this attitude is welcoming at all. I waited the 5days for both this post and the other one on "am I infected" and got no reply for either of them. Roshrrr

Edited by roshrrr, 30 April 2015 - 02:25 AM.

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Hello there,

Since you have run ComboFix, it is best that you have your log reviewed by a Malware Response Team member.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Regards,
Alex

#4 roshrrr

roshrrr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

thanks . As I said, I don't think I would like to be helped by you anymore.

Why get the help of someone who has seen your posts, AND DELIBERATELY IGNORED THEM A NUMBER OF DAYS?????? I HAVE SEEN FOR 5 DAYS WHO HAS BEEN WORKING AND WHO HAS SEEN MY POST AND IGNORED THEM.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE HELPED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THAT TO YOU?????

DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT, THE PERSON WHO HAS IGNORED YOUR POST FOR 5 DAYS , WANTS TO HELP YOU???? IF YOU ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS, YOU BETTER HIRE SOME PEOPLE, BECAUSE THE VOLUNTEERS HERE DON'T SEEM TO BE HAPPY AT ALL BY NOT GETTING PAID.

#5 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

I'll make this short...follow the instructions given and in the guides if you want help. No one here deliberately ignores anyone but these guys are very busy,

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

I would think that the reason no one replied to your topic is that you posted a duplicate topic here which you did not follow up on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574116/ran-combofix-need-help-now-please/

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take topics in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Topic closed.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users