Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

p2p ip camera connecting shows camera offline

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjs5648

cjs5648

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

this started suddenly. I have powered down and restarted more than once. any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

How do you connect the IP camera to the computer? Directly?  Through a video transcoder?  Through a multiplexor?

If directly how far are you from the camera.  Typical signal length is 150ft. MAX  If your farther you may need a repeater or booster.  If your using one then one of them may have gone bad.

If through a transcoder the port could have gone bad same with the multiplexor.  Try a different port.  I used to work at a place where I was in charge of the camera system we had three buildings and we had the dang IP cameras go out all the time.  Typically it was length.  We ended up feeding the camera feed to a transcoder into a computer that was networked to the security lan and fed that to a server where we could see live feed.  A little more complicated and costly but we at least stopped having camera issues.

The old Multiplexors that used BNC connectors just cannot handle the speed of the feed from the IP camera and will typically burn out a port.

I thought of something else.  It could be heat related.  If the camera powers itself down or goes offline but then comes back some time later.. Since I don't know what kind of IP camera your using its hard to tell.  But the ones we used had a fan built in to the back of the camera to blow air (this was a very small fan) but it worked to keep it from over heating and freezing.

Edited by YeahBleeping, 27 April 2015 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users