Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major issues with Nod32 & Gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 the geekfreak

the geekfreak

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

So i installed this software in the hopes that once the trial 30 days was up i would buy it , But i have had nothing but problems with it .

I activated "Gamemode" but after every match on Battlefield 4 it goes back to normal mode causing Lag and horrible hit detection in game , I know this software was to blame as now i have uninstalled it my Lag has gone and my Hit detection back to normal .

I need a AntiVirus suite but i need one that does not interfere with my online gaming as that is what my machine is primarily for and its no slouch either.

Was particularly disappointing as this software states it is very good for gamers . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hi the geekfreak :)

It's a known fact that the "Gaming Mode" of Antivirus programs usually cause a lot of issues in-game: lag, delays, FPS drops, etc. I personally never used the Gaming Mode in Kaspersky Internet Security, and everyone I know disable that mode when they play online games on their own Antivirus. So I would suggest you to do the same. Since the Gaming Mode of ESET doesn't do much when enabled (security wise), I suggest you to just leave it disabled, then play Battlefield and see if the performance is better that way.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

I need a AntiVirus suite but i need one that does not interfere with my online gaming as that is what my machine is primarily for and its no slouch either.

Emsisoft Internet Security

See my comments in Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools as to why I recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro and Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users