Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gta v lag

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

irecently got gta v on my MSI ge 70 20e laptop which is a very nice laptop it has an intel 174700 processor and 12 gb RAM it also has a Nvidia geforce gtx 765m graphics card. when i try to start up the game it tell me that the launcher has stopped working, i did some research and learned that disabling the graphics card, starting up the game then enabling the graphics card agin is a work around fr this problem, and i tried it, and it works, but the game has some pretty bad lag spikes about every 5 to 10 seconds, my pc is very capable of running the game on max settings, but even on minimum settings i am still getting these spikes. i have seen then game run fine on slower computers, what is wrong with mine. please help me i love the game, and i want to play without lag. oh and just as a side note the lag spikes are just as bad on minimum settings as they are on max settings, and this is offline play so it isnt my internet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CG_5

CG_5

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

Hi there,

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri < Do a test here on GTA V and tell me what it says (Probably not the problem)

Also, make sure you aren't running any game boosters or other programs in the background.

This can also be a problem with your HDD, I don't currently know how to test for HDD problems

but it is rumoured that it can be the cause of long loading times and lag spikes in games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users