Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia drivers problem.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sangre

Sangre

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

Hi! My windows 7 will not load after updating my Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 driver. I think it was one of the latest beta drivers. Right before the desktop should appear the system reboots, and the "Advanced boot options" screen appears that's offering to start in safe mode. Even the old driver versions don't work anymore, seams like the beta drivers screwed up my graphics card somehow.

Everything works fine on default windows drivers in safe mode, or on the integrated intel HD graphics 4000 (with Intel HD graphics drivers installed). I've also tried plugging in the ATI Radeon R9 270X to rule out the motherboard, and it works fine with the latest drivers.

I've read through some other forum threads with the same problem but didn't find a solution yet.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

Uninstall the Nvidia driver through control panel then use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove any leftovers of your Nvidia drivers. Hopefuly that will solve the problem.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users