Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows backup failed to create the shared protection point on the source volume

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MROGOZE

MROGOZE

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

I just tried to make a system image backup of my hard drive using the file history interface in Windows 8.1

I received the following two errors.

1. Windows backup failed to create the shared protection point on the source volumes.(0x8078006B)

2. The specified object was not found (0x80042308)

Can someone please help me find a fix for this issue.  I am thinking that my hard drive is starting to experience some I/O issues.

Mark

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2015 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 8 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

Have you looked in Disk Management to make sure the partition you are using is active?

Press the Windows key startorb_zpsvudtmgfg.png and the X key together.

In the menu which opens click/tap on Disk Management.

Right click on the primary partition which you want to active, then click/tap on Mark Partition as Active.

Edited by dc3, 23 April 2015 - 10:46 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users