Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Virtual XP Mode after hardware upgrade...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjl1297

mjl1297

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

I recently upgraded my motherboard to a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 and my processor to an AMD FX-6300. I also replaced the Kingston memory with G. Skill. Since the change, the integration features of XP Mode refuse to activate. I have SVM virtualization enabled in the BIOS and the FX-6300 supports virtualization. All the internal drives remained the same.

In settings the integration features are showing as unavailable and the enable integration features at startup tickbox is checked but grayed out. In the settings I can point to my integration components iso and tell it to open but nothing happens.

I would appreciate any guidance on restoring my virtual machine to working order.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjl1297

mjl1297
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:56 PM

Solved it with an XP system restore! :guitar:

Hadn't thought about that in the context of a virtual machine.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for sharing the solution with us. Glad you got it working again.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 mjl1297

mjl1297
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

Well I thought that worked but tonight I'm back to the same issue and restoring ISN'T working!

How can I install my integration components from a black screen? I have the option under Tools but what do I do?

Should I just save my .vhd file and uninstall and reinstall Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode? I really don't want to go through all the fuss and bother of setting up a completely new XP mode desktop so I'm hoping that will enable me to plug back into the old "disc".

#5 mjl1297

mjl1297
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

No ideas anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users