Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im Dumb

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 suckatcomputers

suckatcomputers

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

First of all, whats the difference between this thread and the Trojan, Virus, etc. thread?

Anyway,

Im running Vista

Edit: whenever I powered the system on, after the icons appeared on the desktop, the command prompt would open and immediately shut. I also kept getting an "amisrv has stopped working" notification. I believe I went into the control panel and deleted "amisrv" from the programs list but I am not sure. It is not in the programs list now and there is nothing similar to it the registry.

Im running Vista and I was on chrome when it suddenly shut down. I got a "Windows File Explorer has stopped working" error window, and then I got a "Windows File Explorer is restarting" error window. However instead of restarting it just jumps back and forth between these two windows and I am unable to do anything. I booted into safe mode with command prompt and ran system file checker. It found corrupt files "but was unable to fix some of them".

Help,

Thanks

Edited by suckatcomputers, 22 April 2015 - 07:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

Boot into Safe Mode With Networking. The first tool that we will use is Emsisoft Emergency Kit. , download and save the application to your desktop. Right Click the jN5wn3A.png icon and select Run As Administrator. Click on Extract.

YvNQ89G.png

Another similar icon will appear on your desktop, right click this one and Run as Administrator as well. When the program opens then select Update.

g2dQLzX.png

After the update if you see the screen below then select yes.

Qnpw3Dt.png

Now Click on the Scan button, do not start the scan yet.

NWDLpr3.png

Make sure to click yes to detect Pups.

EyL1lzA.jpg

Select the On scan completion button, then quarantine detected objects, then hit OK.

M6NLlEF.png

Now click on the Smart Scan (Recommended)

xqcvGKt.png

Allow the scan to complete. Upon Completion select Quarantine Selected. Make Certain All Items are Ticked

KFlm13h.png

Click OK upon the completion, of the program removing the infected files.

xLHwX5a.png

Reboot if needed to remove infected files, post the log here in your next reply.

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

First of all, whats the difference between this thread and the Trojan, Virus, etc. thread?

In this area you can get help from people who know malware and can make determination on whether or not you have a bad enough infection to get help with more advanced tools, you could look on the virus trojan removal threads and see that the logs are more detailed,  FRST logs requires each line to be researched, this could take a huge amount of time, there are not enough helpers to check over the malware logs in detail.  This forum is sort of a purge area for the influx of threads that come into this site.

Small issues would waste helpers time and create a backup......

#4 suckatcomputers

suckatcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

Ah, I see. Thank you for the quick and detailed response. Unfortunately, after the extraction was complete, the screen went to the black safe mode desktop, no icons, only the cursor with the loading symbol and the task bar keeps flashing at the bottom.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Follow the instructions in the link below.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Create a new thread.

#6 suckatcomputers

suckatcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

ok so I ran the scan, rescanned the quarantine list for false positives, restored them, then deleted everything that was high to medium risk. Not only did it not fix the File Explorer problem, now there are no icons or task bar in safe mode!! I have no idea what to do now, and Im worried I wont be able to retrieve any of my data.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Which scan did you run?

#8 suckatcomputers

suckatcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

emsisoft emergency kit

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

Follow the instructions in the link below.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Create a new thread.

Please read the prep guide linked to by InadequateInfirmity.

Follow the directions, run FRST, and post the logs in a NEW topic in Malware Removal Logs.

When you post the topic there, link to this one.

Then return to THIS topic and post the link to your Malware Removal Logs topic.

#10 suckatcomputers

suckatcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Do I have to download this? if so I have no idea how I would do this.. I have no icons or task bar in safe mode with networking. Is there anyway to access the internet through command prompt?

#11 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

You can get FRST logs from the recovery console.  Do not post these logs here, create a new thread in the virus and spyware removal area.

• On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
    To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
    • Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account and click Next.

• On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
    System Restore
    Windows Complete PC Restore
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt
  • Once in the Command Prompt:
    • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
      Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users